Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2016, 02:52 PM   #1
VariousRen

Default [Sorcery] Questions about Warp and Ally

Hello there!

Sorcery has become my groups go-to magic system for a number of fantasy games, and we've greatly enjoyed creating new spells for the numerous wizards to play around with. Two particular cases have come up recently and I was hoping the hive-mind could help out.

1) We have made a Blink spell based on Warp (Blink Only). Blink specifies that you warp in a random direction up to 10 yards when you use it, ending up in a safe space. Who determines what qualifies as "Safe"? An unlucky roll on a Blink may place a wizard in an empty hex behind the enemy line, separated from their allies. The hex is clear, but certainly doesn't seem safe. Additionally, is the blink direction restricted by obvious barriers, or when backed into a corner will most Blinks fail because there is no other free space 10 yards past the wall?

2) We have made some summoning spells based on Ally, and we're looking for the proper way to represent the ally themselves being magical and vulnerable to instant dispelling. Dependency seems close, but most dispelling effects are instant and don't have a duration. What would be the appropriate way to reflect that the creature is killed (or at least banished) by a dispelling? Is this included in the summonable enhancement already?

Tags
ally, magic, sorcery, warp