Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:50 AM   #81
jfleisher

Default Re: Sooo . . .What do you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
I would've taken pictures, but, uh...they probably would not have been safe for work.

Next time!
You guys must be using some optional rules I have not seen...

My Ogre Miniatures Blog: http://ogreminiatures.blogspot.com
jfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:13 PM   #82
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Thinking about the Steam game a bit... I'd like to see a lot more achievements - 5 is not nearly enough.

Obviously, that's really low on the list compared to the functionality discussions already in progress.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:45 PM   #83
Tim Kauffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
If I can teach a non-gamer how to play while we're still half-drunk and cooling off from nookie, and she gets so interested that we play two complete games, does Ogre *need* CRT dice?
SEX, DRUGS and OGRE

hhahahahahahaa...that should be a T-Shirt!
Old 06-18-2018, 04:57 PM   #84
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
SEX, DRUGS and OGRE

hhahahahahahaa...that should be a T-Shirt!
Okay, this is an idea I can get behind. :D
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:20 AM   #85
lokke

That doesn't sound terribly inventive...
lokke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #86
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Scribe View Post
Back to the subject at hand, what about individual sprues through Warehouse 23? I already have a metric crapton of minis, but say I wanted a couple more heavies--give me the option to buy a few instead of a whole set. Also, plastic versions of the Ogre repair kits (weapons and conning tower) or submerged Ogre (conning tower leaving a wake).
Here's a thought in support of that, and also to help support new players get into miniatures play after the plastic production runs have sold out —
how about offering 3-D printed versions in any number of formats?

Sell print-on-demand miniatures through Warehouse 23 (or just through Shapeways if you don't want to gear up for in-house printing.)

And/or sell print-your-own files.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #87
Knockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
And/or sell print-your-own files.
It's a nice idea, and I know some other creative gaming folks are already looking into that style of product supply, but it can also create a nightmare in being able to look after your own IP rights. While you may sell the print-your-own files to a genuine customer, there would still be the risk those files could 'escape' into the wider world.

I had some extensive first-hand experience with a museum that had ventured into this, and it ended up causing them no end of problems, when they failed to manage the release of the files properly. I also think this will be a sound method sometime in the future, perhaps 4 or 5 years from now, but perhaps too early at the moment?

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:17 PM   #88
ColBosch

3D printing is still not ready for prime time. While I know a couple of companies have shifted some of their production to Shapeways - most notably Amarillo Design Bureau - they are very small "boutique" companies with just a handful of employees. Anything SJ Games does has to be worthwhile to the company as a whole, and I seriously doubt doing up a new set of 3D plans will count. (I suspect GPI's 3D drawings are optimized for industrial production and would not be appropriate for Shapeways, etc.) I'd rather see the time and money go into traditional miniature production.

Now if we're talking about print-on-demand books, hell yeah, that technology is mature and the prices are good.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:28 PM   #89
Misplaced Buckeye

Steve and Drew were very receptive to ideas the group had on many SJG topics but the one thing that I put forward was this:

Create a QUALITY (Not something that use will destroy) 3 Ring binder for the Ogre Rules with dividers for variants, scenarios, Storage for record sheets, a place to slip a notepad in (You are always looking for something to write on playing Ogre). Basically a living rule book that when it's necessary to change, update and even publish clearer example of a rule it's a quick two page print out and voila, an updated manual and scenario binder. Naturally it has to hold ODE rules and Ogre Mini rule sets so maybe even a dual volume for some of us.

There were other things I can't mention and other I won't I submit them to people plus my notes are at home(LOL) but this is clear. WE ARE BEING LISTENED TO. But just like all businesses things don't turn on a dime and if something is already in the works then it's gotta go through before starting something else.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #90
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
a living rule book that when it's necessary to change, update and even publish clearer example of a rule it's a quick two page print out and voila, an updated manual and scenario binder.
I'd love to have that, too. PDF layout is substantially expensive ( which surprised me - not my profession ) to the point where "there can be only one." It may just be that it takes time away from something else, and I'd usually rather have that other thing instead.

If there can be only one layout, I'd prefer one that supports this approach.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote