Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #901
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"But...I realize I was not clear earlier...do you think Ethereal Shields will help push Ruby out of the hostage?"
"Nope, we should be so blessed. It will keep her from taking a new one, but it won't bump her out of the old one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch clambers in, looking relieved "Ruby and couple of her thugs are heading around back though a neighbors yard. We're probably going to get attacked from both sides." He nods a greeting to the rest of the group "Thanks for coming. I got Gilbert out of the line of fire and thought I should come back and see if I can be off assistance."
"I think you give them too much credit, Mitch. I see Ruby--their leader--entering the house personally as a scout. She's not expecting much resistance if she'll take that risk. The others out front are to catch anyone running to avoid the fight, and to encourage them to run. She probably thinks we'll abandon the tether that easily, distracted by the slaughter-god on the loose. For us as for them, the ethereal will wait. For now, I say we take out Ruby and her three minions as quietly as possible."

"Careful with the 'take out' part," Ryuki chimes in. "If Ruby dies, L.A. will destabilize. But if you control her, you control her network of geasa. For me the question is, is the big guy on the hook or is he something else?"

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-26-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: fixing a pronoun
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #902
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"If Ruby dies, L.A. will destabilize."
"And this is bad why? If L.A is destabilized, we can take advantage of the chaos to weaken their hold."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #903
Puck

Quote:
"I think you give them too much credit, Mitch. I see Ruby--their leader--entering the house personally as a scout. She's not expecting much resistance if she'll take that risk. The others out front are to catch anyone running to avoid the fight, and to encourage them to run. She probably thinks we'll abandon the tether that easily, distracted by the slaughter-god on the loose. For us as for them, the ethereal will wait. For now, I say we take out Ruby and her three minions as quietly as possible."

"Careful with the 'take out' part," Ryuki chimes in. "If Ruby dies, L.A. will destabilize. But if you control her, you control her network of geasa. For me the question is, is the big guy on the hook or is he something else?"
Mitch leans against the wall, looking thoughtful "I find it hard to belive that they are after one small Trade tether. They could have attacked at any time in the past, why now? Why here? Is Ruby working for the Slaughter God, is it working for her? Perhaps we should talk with her before we go in, swords blazing."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #904
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"And this is bad why? If L.A is destabilized, we can take advantage of the chaos to weaken their hold."
"Because," Ryuki addresses her impatiently, "Hell's dirty little secret is that they don't own L.A. anymore. Haven't since 2000. It's a Renegade town, and," he pulls the group into the hallway, out of sight and hopefully out of earshot of the encroaching demons, "she and I are the only things like order there. And I can't manage it alone. She keeps Hell's powers out of the city and I keep the locals from banding together. And it's a haven for demons on the fence to quietly change sides."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch leans against the wall, looking thoughtful "I find it hard to belive that they are after one small Trade tether. They could have attacked at any time in the past, why now? Why here? Is Ruby working for the Slaughter God, is it working for her? Perhaps we should talk with her before we go in, swords blazing."
Ryuki drops his voice even lower. "We'll get that chance any second now."

The back patio door slides open, and the buzz of wasps accompanies two sets of footsteps entering the house. "You two, wait there," the woman says, "you, help me find the bug spray." Unfortunately for her there's a Malakite of Creation in the house and the bug spray has been repurposed. Unable to find any in the kitchen, she wanders towards the hallway where you all are at. Corat draws an arrow, at the ready.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #905
RadLilim

During all of the planning Ash has been keeping his song going, after hearing about the backup coming for the other side, he jots a quick note and passes it to whomever is closest.

"Do I keep blocking? I have other shields 2. If I stop this the Diturb blast might shock them."

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #906
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Because," Ryuki addresses her impatiently, "Hell's dirty little secret is that they don't own L.A. anymore. Haven't since 2000. It's a Renegade town, and," he pulls the group into the hallway, out of sight and hopefully out of earshot of the encroaching demons, "she and I are the only things like order there. And I can't manage it alone. She keeps Hell's powers out of the city and I keep the locals from banding together. And it's a haven for demons on the fence to quietly change sides."
"I never knew that. Fine."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:23 AM   #907
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"I never knew that. Fine."
Ryuki gets a wild hair. "Someone, set up her shields for her. Sunae, stand behind me like you've got a knife to my back. No...." he reaches into his jacket pocket for his tie, "noose around my neck. We'll lure her to us."
Old 01-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #908
Puck

Quote:
Ryuki gets a wild hair. "Someone, set up her shields for her. Sunae, stand behind me like you've got a knife to my back. No...." he reaches into his jacket pocket for his tie, "noose around my neck. We'll lure her to us."
Mitch turns and stares at Ryuki "What? Don't be foolish. I'll go speak with her." He glances at Corat "Although, I would appreciate you having those arrows ready if the negotiations go south." He straightens his coat, briefly wishing he was dressed somewhat nicer and steps briskly towards the corridor where Ruby is "Good afternoon. I understand I have the pleasure of addressing Ruby."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #909
tHEhERETIC

((In chat on FB--posting. Sorry it was unscheduled and thus not as interactive as it could have been. Just wanted to get things rolling.))

The head in the helmet turns toward the source of the voice. "Hello there. Do be a dear and call off the bugs."

Mitch clears his throat and glances at one of the wasps "Would you mind?"

And the wasps let up. Ruby pulls the jacket out from around the helmet and then pulls the helmet off, shaking out a head of long black hair. "Much better. What can I do for you?"

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Mitchem of Trade. Do you have a few moments to chat?"

Ruby slips a little flirtation in her voice. "I think I have some time. Do you have some time?"

Back in the hallway, anyone paying attention to him will notice Ryuki stiffening up in horror at the sound of her voice.

Mitch keeps his voice calm and even "I certantly do. Thank you for speaking with me. May I ask what brings you here this afternoon?"

"After you tell me what brings you here."

"Of course, I drove here with a friend after being followed by what we belive were Infernal force. We were looking for a place to lay low.

"Now why, I ask myself, were you being followed by infernal forces? Whatever could you have done to get followed?"

Mitch spreads his hands "The minds of demons puzzle me. I don't think we cut them off in traffic."

"Liar. You're clearly not who I thought you were. I was following my friends here, who were following your friend's truck. Who was following the howlings of dogs. Now you owe me a bit more truth, angel."

Ryuki looks to Zahirah and mouths a question, whether that constituted a geas.

Other then a slight twitch of his eyebrow at being called a liar he remains calm. "As I remember it, we did not notice the howling of the dogs until we arrived in this neighborhood. We certainly didn't go looking for them. We were on our way to meet up with friends when we had to detour."

Again, disappointment. She takes a moment to scan the area for any threat and directs her three minions to stand around her, 'human' shields. Reluctantly they obey.
"How many friends?"

Mitch sweeps a hand behind him "It was very kind of them to join me here don't you agree."

"I don't know. I have 'friends' here too, lots of them, but they're just here for the ice cream."

Mitch blinks "Well, the ice cream we serve is very good. But we're a small operation, why would you be so interested in us of all places?"

Her face tells you she does not like this question. "I am not interested. But since you and your friends stole some things I consider mine, I intend to take them back. And the horse they rode out on."

Mitch lets out a soft ah "I see, so it's not the err ice cream you're interested in so much as what we have temporarily stashed there. I was unaware that they belonged to you. I believed they were property of Kingman."
to refresh your memory
"And his blood is all over the floor. Which means his creditors get them."

"Or they could be claimed as spoils of war. He attacked us, we defended ourselves."

"Soooooo, I attack you, and I rightfully get all your stuff. I kinda like that."

Mitch holds up a hand "Just what did he owe you? You called yourself his creditor."

"Not your concern, angel. My city. My business. You give me what I want, or I take it, unless you can make me a better offer."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-27-2012 at 03:02 AM. Reason: putting in the transcript
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #910
alexondria

Zahirah mouths to him, "You never know for sure, but it's not likely."
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine