Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-15-2017, 09:22 AM   #811
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Good catch. Making poisons is still something I'm mastering. They're not supposed to be much worse then arsenic, and the real point behind Golden Whin is that you can blackmail someone with it, so it needs to be relatively slow. I've toned it down to 8 cycles (which is typical of most example poisons; about 8d, which is enough to kill someone, but not guaranteed).

The rest have been shifted to FP, as the ideas is that you start hallucinating and such fairly quickly, rather than when you're beyond exhausted.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:02 PM   #812
Mailanka

Today, I offer the second house of the Alliance, house Grimshaw, known for their ergokinesis, intellect and arch-conservatism.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:26 AM   #813
Mathulhu

Force swords are spectacularly lethal weapons.
Killing (or seriously wounding) someone accidentally in a duel is a bad thing.
Taking prisoners is part of historic/mythical knightly/chivalric combat.

These facts have made me think it would be awesome if there was some way for nobles to recover from the most serious wounds. There has been mention of Biotech throughout the aristocracy segment. I am thinking about some form of specific med tech that grants people with noble pedigree regeneration. That could be subsystem in their armour and a easy first aid system carried by the duellist seconds.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:02 AM   #814
Mailanka

The main reason I've avoided discussing the Regeneration Tank is that it allows one to regrow crippled limbs, which means that cybernetic are less important, and TL 11 medicine is already very rapid. The Chrysalis Machine, a TL 11 device, is even faster at 1 HP per hour, which strikes me as closer to a "Bacta Tank" than anything else in GURPS. I'd totally be on board with including one, provided it cannot:
  • Bring back the dead
  • Restore youth
  • Restore crippled body parts

The other reason I don't talk much about it is that it feels like an off-screen thing. "Your characters got hurt. They go back to a hospital. X amount of time passes; you're fine." TL 11 medicine is faster and can heal you up good, but the specifics of how that actually works beyond what's in GURPS basic, to me, feels cosmetic.

Last edited by Mailanka; 08-16-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Mailanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:19 AM   #815
Kalzazz

Based off the fiddly Star Wars RPG d6 rules and medpacs, and feeling things seemed overly slow using GURPS UT medicine, I went with the 'any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic', called healing potions medpacs and called it a day
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:03 AM   #816
Mailanka

Happy GURPS day! Today I have the second half of House Grimshaw, including new Ergokinetic techniques and the traditional relics of House Grimshaw.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:15 PM   #817
Mailanka

It's Patreon Friday! Today is a first ever Disciple Exclusive: the House of Alexus. This is a poll where, you, dear reader, get to decide on the exact nature, and legacy, of the ruling house of the bygone Eternal Empire, and what their fate in the Psi-Wars galaxy is.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:24 AM   #818
Mailanka

Introducing the third house of the Psi-Wars Alliance, House Elegans, a house known for its empathy, its dueling prowess, now down on its lock, savaged by the rise of the Empire and looking for allies to take the fight to the Alliance.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:22 PM   #819
Mailanka

Part 2 of House Elegans, the tools of the House, including a new Empathy technique, Killing Intent, and the relics of the house, including no less than two unique force swords!
Old 08-22-2017, 11:15 PM   #820
Mailanka

The Fourth House of the Alliance, the House Kain, first line of defense of the alliance, lords of Caliban, elite combatants and, lacking psionics, known for their advanced cybernetics.

Tags
blog, blogs, determined attack, telegraphic attack