Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #21
MatthewVilter

Default Re: Knee Strikes, Shock, counter Grappling, Takedowns, Arm Locks, and Two-Wapon Attac

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.K. View Post
Riiiiiiiiise my minions!
Brraaaiiiinnnnnzzzzzz.......

(I have to say that I don't really understand the stigma associated with thread necromancy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Actually you got this wrong it can Be either.

you Can Rapid strike Karate-6 Karate(leg)-6 or you can Due weapon strike Karate-4, Karate(leg)-4.

it just Dual weapon attack will requite the attacks to be go at eith the same person or adjacent people.
Are you basing that on a particular piece of text? (You are talking to a line editor there...)
MatthewVilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #22
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Re: Knee Strikes, Shock, counter Grappling, Takedowns, Arm Locks, and Two-Wapon Attac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewVilter View Post
Brraaaiiiinnnnnzzzzzz.......

(I have to say that I don't really understand the stigma associated with thread necromancy.)

Are you basing that on a particular piece of text? (You are talking to a line editor there...)
I'm basing on what I remember of what Kromm said when we had a long thread weapon people argued over wither Dual Weapon Attack can be done unarmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Flying split kicks and such take -4 for Dual-Weapon Attack and another -2 for kicking, so you're talking about two rolls at -6 to skill. For a DX 10 man, that's two rolls of 4 or less, with excellent odds of at least one critical failure, followed by two chances to fall down for missed kicks. Even up to skill 12, the critical failure percentage is scary and falling down is about twice as likely. Reliably doing this calls for skill 16+, which is decidedly rare. Reliably doing this and not getting a leg trapped requires the ability to add in Deceptive Attack, which means skill 18+. It bears mention that any campaign where unarmed skills are routinely 16+ has already crossed the line into the cinematic realm where flying split kicks ought to be allowed by the Rule of Cool.
So Dual Weapon Attaks CAN be used with Kicks.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #23
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewVilter View Post
It's not the necromancy per se that is stigmatised. Bumps without any good reason are stigmatised (up to and including infractions if done repeatedly, but usually just warned against). Necromancy is joked about a lot when it happens. But legit necromancy needs to add new and appropriate information or questions, or at least be a result of a genuine encounter with the very same issue as was discussed in the thread but not resolved yet, or something like that.

The problem is with cases when a totally off-topic post gets added to a long-dead thread. That's confusing and often annoying, so it's discouraged.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #24
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
The problem is with cases when a totally off-topic post gets added to a long-dead thread. That's confusing and often annoying, so it's discouraged.
Yes, the off-topic necromantic post is annoying, as well as the reply to a 4+ year old post by a long vanished poster. Necro a thread if you have some on-topic thing to ask or add. Don't necro to post some off-topic thing (just start a new thread!) or to argue with somebody who hasn't posted in five years.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combat rules, kromm explanation, martial arts