Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Munchkin Bites:Transmogrification Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixel View Post
Combat means any combat, even if it is not yours.
Actually, I'd rule exactly the opposite. Something that can says it can be "except in combat" means when YOU are in combat.

But we may have ruled differently in the past; guess it'll require some discussion.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
Nixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Actually, I'd rule exactly the opposite. Something that can says it can be "except in combat" means when YOU are in combat.

But we may have ruled differently in the past; guess it'll require some discussion.
I was mostly thinking of the "You may not sell, trade, or steal items DURING a fight."
Nixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #13
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixel View Post
I was mostly thinking of the "You may not sell, trade, or steal items DURING a fight."
Which means that while you are in combat, you may not sell, trade or steal Items (and, fortunately, not have Items stolen from you). Nothing prevents a Thief who is not in combat from stealing from another player who is not in combat. Nothing stops two players who are not in combat, even while a combat is going on, from trading with each other. . .
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #14
Kirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinari View Post
TRANSMOGRIFICATION; At any time except during combat, you may take any of your cards off the table into your hand, as long as this does not cause you to exceed your maximum hand size.
I haven't played BITES, so this may be a naive question, but what is with the "as long as this does not cause you to exceed your maximum hand size" part of this card?

There is no maximum hand size, until the end of your turn / charity phase.

So unless you try to use transmogrification during the charity phase, that whole clause is pointless, no?

Or does the card want to mean as long "as this does not cause you to exceed the maximum hand size you would have during your charity phase"?
Kirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
Malinari

My interpretation was that you could not exceed the usual charity hand limit unless you have a card that modifies it. There is a power (powers were introduced instead of classes in Bites) that lets you keep an extra card in your hand.

That being said if one had the powers "Transmogrification" and "Malediction" could on essentially throw ones entire inventory at another player as combat minuses? Fill the hand using transmogrification, empty it using malediction, repeat til you have no more cards?
Malinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #16
maxdemon76

I'm pretty sure you can already do that. I don't think Malediction requires you to discard a card in your hand in order to power it.
maxdemon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #17
-ScreenName-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Nothing stops two players who are not in combat, even while a combat is going on, from trading with each other. . .
that seems kind of strange because if someone is in combat and then another player wants to help but doesn't have enough bonus to help, does that mean he is able to trade with someone else who is not in combat so that he has enough bonus?
-ScreenName- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #18
-ScreenName-

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdemon76 View Post
I don't think Malediction requires you to discard a card in your hand in order to power it.
i think you're right.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #19
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ScreenName- View Post
that seems kind of strange because if someone is in combat and then another player wants to help but doesn't have enough bonus to help, does that mean he is able to trade with someone else who is not in combat so that he has enough bonus?
  1. It's not strange, it's the rules as written and intended.
  2. You act as if trading is a one-sided act which does not permit other players to prevent it. If people don't want to trade with another player to allow him to help in a combat, they can say, "No."
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #20
-ScreenName-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
[*]You act as if trading is a one-sided act which does not permit other players to prevent it. If people don't want to trade with another player to allow him to help in a combat, they can say, "No."
i suppose, but stealing is one sided, and i'm not sure but i think there are cards that say not usable during your combat and that would be redundant if that was the case for anything that said not usable during combat.

Tags
munchkin, munchkin bites, transmogrification