Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Rasputin

Default Munchkin: bigger box

A product idea: I need a box big enough to handle all these expansions. Mine is bursting at the seams and bulging with the height of the decks, and I still don't have Munchkin 7.

Also, can you put all the rules from all the supplements together in one, big file, for faster reference in play?

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Munchkin: bigger box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
A product idea: I need a box big enough to handle all these expansions. Mine is bursting at the seams and bulging with the height of the decks, and I still don't have Munchkin 7.
Such an idea has been discussed, before my time. I believe getting the price down to an acceptable level is the sticking point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin
Also, can you put all the rules from all the supplements together in one, big file, for faster reference in play?
Eventually, I would expect that to happen, but it's not a trivial job. Rules that apply in some sets don't apply in others, and some sets are even (whisper) contradictory. We'd have to figure out what to do in all those cases, and we're nowhere close to being ready to do that. We're still figuring out the 2010 schedule. :-)

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
EarthStone

In the meantime, if you search the Forum, you'll find many threads with suggestions for ways to store your cards. Here's one example.
EarthStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
Cloewe

and germany´s Pegasus-Spiele is releasing the bigger Version of the Sammlerbox the "Sammlerkoffer" this fall ...
Cloewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
Doering

fall - OK, but i wouldn´t rely on this fall... :-)
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #6
Sorceror

I bought myself Munchkin Booty and store all the treasures of Munchkin 1-7 in that, and the doors in the normal Munchkin box. I also use a couple of expansion boxes to store the Booty cards, at least before I decide whether or not I *always* want to play with them.

I don't have enough room in my Munchkin box for any more cards, because I put the Booty doors (in Munchkin 2 box) and Munchkin 6: Demented Dungeons double-sized cards (in their own box) in it. I'm probably going to need to think of a better way to store everything.

My biggest problem, though, is working out how to SHUFFLE so many cards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
some sets are even (whisper) contradictory.
I noticed there is "... From Hell" in both Munchkin 2 and 3, and that some monsters have "a creature from hell" printed on the card. This could lead to some interesting combinations:
"Level 3.5 Foomonster ... From Hell! ... From Hell! A creature from hell! +5 against Clerics ..." etc.

Just pray for Divine Intervention ;)
Sorceror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:59 AM   #7
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceror View Post
My biggest problem, though, is working out how to SHUFFLE so many cards!
Lay out the appropriate deck on the table, and table shuffle. I.e., move everything around in one big spreading pile. It works better than you think and takes the same amount of time as trying to bridge shuffle smaller portions of the the deck.

Quote:
"Level 3.5 Foomonster ... From Hell! ... From Hell! A creature from hell! +5 against Clerics ..." etc.
Munchkin 3 and 4, actually, and they are not contradictory. The provide the same effect, though they are worded a little differently. I could have sworn that we discussed making it so that a Monster from Hell could not be modified by either ...From Hell, but it seems not to be the case. Or, I need an update to my database.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
box, munchkin