Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 02-23-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
chuckthedog

Default Movies and In Nomine...

Hey, has anyone taken recent movies and used them as In Nomine adventures? Any ideas for what movies might make good IN plots? Thanks in advance/
chuckthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
copeab

Default Re: Movies and In Nomine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckthedog
Hey, has anyone taken recent movies and used them as In Nomine adventures? Any ideas for what movies might make good IN plots? Thanks in advance/
Hellboy seems to have a rather classic Destiny vs Fate moment, but it would be a rather non-canonical IN adventure.

GURPS 3e stuff: http://copeab.tripod.com
copeab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:03 PM   #3
alexondria

constantine would be great for a humans game
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
Magicwillnz

I couldn't help but think that girl from The Exorcism of Emily Rose was possessed by a renegade and probably very discordant Shedim of Beleth, barring the six different personalities. A plotline formed in my head of the forces of Hell trying to kill the renegade. The twist is the newsmedia is swarming the situation beyond Nybbas's control, it's difficult to get close enough to the demon let alone kill it. And it gets wierder when they have to contend with angels protecting the thing! (See below)

Heaven would be interested in killing the demon too... until they realized the incident was causing mass religious conversion. Now Heaven is certainly compassionate and all but it may be pragmatic just to milk the situation and win more souls before killing it. Not everyone agrees to this course of action, of course. Politics ensue!
Magicwillnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:19 AM   #5
Glamourweaver

Recent? *considers* I can name some non-traditional classics that can be quite inspiring (Terry Gilliam's Brazil for example - Fate/the Game vs. Dreams).

Ummm... I suppose March of the Penguins can give you some ideas for an "Animals" centered campaign...

"The Island" has some good "Technology" stuff...

Can't think of anything else right now that hasn't already been mentioned, though I'm sure it will hit me like a brick later.
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
mondu_the_fat

Serenity

Have someone make a drug that's supposed to pacify humans... but has the effect of making a human lose interest in achieving both his destiny and his fate permanently. Thrown in a coverup (this is the hardest part, as angels won't do a coverup like that, and demons would probably have uses for such a drug), as well as a uber powerful servitor that's hunting the PCs down.

Probably works best for a group of outcasts or renegades.

Aeon Flux

A human who has been on the reincarnation wheel (alternatively, an ex-remnant) slowly gains memories of her past... and remembers that she used to fight for the other side. Seeing her target for the current mission brings a flood of memories.

Her Superior don't like this, and send other servitors to hunt her down.
mondu_the_fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:43 AM   #7
zogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicwillnz
I
Heaven would be interested in killing the demon too... until they realized the incident was causing mass religious conversion.
The problem here is that in IN religion and Destiny are at best loosely linked. Remember that only three archangels (and only two major archangels) are big supporters of Abrhamic Religions
zogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:24 AM   #8
RadLilim

Fallen is clearly a Shedite, just one that is stuck using oozing to transfer.

Also, Dogma I think fits in very well with In Nomine--it has the strong humor/irony aspect. And Stigmata is a good human plot, I think.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim

Last edited by Archangel Beth; 02-24-2006 at 06:01 PM. Reason: plural of Shedite is Shedim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #9
Magicwillnz

Quote:
The problem here is that in IN religion and Destiny are at best loosely linked. Remember that only three archangels (and only two major archangels) are big supporters of Abrhamic Religions
True, but I never said it was a canon idea. Such a scenario in canon In Nomine is kind of rediculous, even if the Shedite was extremely beneficial to the forces of Heaven Laurence would never stand for it and niether would Khalid nor Dominic. It was just an idea I had. It could run an interesting game.

Last edited by Archangel Beth; 02-24-2006 at 06:01 PM. Reason: plural of Shedite is Shedim
Magicwillnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #10
chris the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
I've always thought The Prophecy was the ultimate angel movie.
Satan was great in that movie, too bad he wasn't in it for long.

-

Serenity has a very powerful message about sin, sin is humanity, and if you take away humanities ability to be wrong you take away humanity itself. If you wanted to transfer that to In Nomine you'd have to realize that you'd be leaving your characters with two armies (heaven and hell) against their bitty cannon. Not much space for mistakes in there.

What I wonder about is Etherals, if you look at Firefly-Serenity, which I often do, you see that there is a very strong and loyal fan base that believes with heart and soul in these characters, the fact that they are fictional doesn’t hinder the belief. The fact that the entire Firefly universe died did nothing to lessen the belief, the resurrection three years later only helped add to their numbers.

The word is "cult." And the belief is strong enough to match the namesake.

(This reminds me how much I need to get reference material on Ethereals.)

Though I like to think Firefly-Serenity is special I recognize that there must be other things out there where people believe this strongly, wouldn’t that mean that every time a few million people deeply believed in a work of fiction a new set of Ethereals would pop into existence?
chris the cynic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pop culture