Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-03-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
Johnny10

Default Star Munchkin ship question

For Star Munchkin, I was just wondering about something... I understand that there are a few cards that let me have 2 ships at once, but if I dont have any of those and I have 2 ships, and have 1 in play, can I have the other ship sideways on the table?

I ask because the rule sheet with the Space Ships expansion pack mentions that "Ships do not count against your total of Big items."
Johnny10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:07 AM   #2
RL

Default Re: Star Munchkin ship question

A card on the table, whether it is sideways or not, is "in play". So the answer is "no".
Old 02-03-2011, 06:12 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

The rules also say you can only have 1 Ship, not that you may only use 1 Ship, so that overrides the normal rules about Items with respect to Ships and the special rule about how Ships are Big but "carry" themselves. This means, regardless of whether it seems like you could carry an extra Ship and only use one of them, the rules specifically say that you may only have one Ship in play, normally, and the only way to have more in play are with Cheat! cards and cards that say they specifically allow you to have another Ship. If you do have a Ship in play, and want to play another Big Item, you may, as long as it's not another ship.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
Johnny10

Awesome, thanks for the answer and the quick responses!!
Johnny10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
thedag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny10 View Post
For Star Munchkin, I was just wondering about something... I understand that there are a few cards that let me have 2 ships at once, but if I dont have any of those and I have 2 ships, and have 1 in play, can I have the other ship sideways on the table?

I ask because the rule sheet with the Space Ships expansion pack mentions that "Ships do not count against your total of Big items."
I couldn't find it but somewhere it explains why it is labelled as a big item but doesn't count towards big items. Basically it has to do with preventing theft or making sure certain curse cards don't affect it or similar.
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ships, star munchkin