Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 05-06-2017, 11:35 PM   #1
Maldark

Default question for mini experts

I know that the combine and paneuro tanks are different designs. But Ogre are the same except the paneuro only cybertanks.

But are the minis for the infantry different? Can you look at an unpainted infantry and say that A is combine and B is paneuro??? Since I only collect combine units, it occurred to me to ask.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:10 AM   #2
Dave Crowell

Default Re: question for mini experts

There are some differences in detailing between Combine and Paneuropean infantry.

Paneuro infantry have a more sharply triangular breastplate, wit a circular boss on it. Combine infantry have a circular boss on the suit's backpack. The poses are also different.

The chest plate on the Combine infantry is similar to, but not an exact match for the chest plate shown on the new plastic infantry. The plastic infantry are however a distinctive design to either the old metal Combine or Paneuro infantry.

Last edited by Dave Crowell; 05-07-2017 at 06:18 AM.
Dave Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:27 PM   #3
atomic

At some point all my infantry minis (unpainted) got mixed into one bag, along with some Battletech Davion infantry. I just divided them into 2 equal groups and sfarted painting. At that scale it really doesn't matter. I also painted my CPs in the wrong color. I may go back and fix that, then again, I may not. It's not like I don't already have a metric ton of minis to paint !
atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:29 PM   #4
ColBosch

During the Last War, especially towards the end, every empire fielded captured equipment. In fact, that was one of the clever parts of Nihon's invasion of the Combine: they focused on capturing factories, so they didn't have to ship as much equipment over the Pacific.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:47 PM   #5
Maldark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
During the Last War, especially towards the end, every empire fielded captured equipment. In fact, that was one of the clever parts of Nihon's invasion of the Combine: they focused on capturing factories, so they didn't have to ship as much equipment over the Pacific.
Good point. I was just trying to keep my troops pure.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:30 AM   #6
Knockman

Maldark,

Check out W23 Store, and you will see you can discern which infantry is what type/faction.

Combine: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...mbine-infantry

PanE: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...opean-infantry

It's also the same for their Heavy Infantry too. Hope that helps.

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote