Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #411
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
The Song of Transference is your freind here; it can be used to transfer Song effects from the singer to another person. I wouldn't be ata lla surprised if old Nisroc knows it, at least the Ethereal version. (each version is good for Songs in the same realm). BEats me what the SL in the equation might stand for, but I bet the E is Essence.
Transferral is a perfect fit in this case.

SL is probably Song Level which, as you know, is something I often gloss over.

Incidentally the song on my music player right now. As It Fades. YouTube sound is not working for me at the moment so I'm only hoping the poster didn't switch it out.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-30-2012 at 11:58 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:21 AM   #412
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Transferral is a perfect fit in this case.

SL is probably Song Level which, as you know, is something I often gloss over.

Incidentally the song on my music player right now. As It Fades.
The title seems appropriate for our disappearing Malakite. Though depending on how this plays out, he may leave with a bang rather than a whimper.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #413
tHEhERETIC

Not ignoring or holding out for posts (though posts are always welcome). Just having issues with my school-->landlord-->stomach illness-->inability to eat favorite foods or indulge in much coffee. Which is to say I'm low on energy, though I've a pretty good idea what my next move is. Just need to get my brain out of bed long enough to do it...

Probably tonight after the one coffee I'm allowing myself. Addiction sucks...
Old 01-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #414
Rocket Man

Quote:
Not ignoring or holding out for posts (though posts are always welcome). Just having issues with my school-->landlord-->stomach illness-->inability to eat favorite foods or indulge in much coffee. Which is to say I'm low on energy, though I've a pretty good idea what my next move is. Just need to get my brain out of bed long enough to do it...

Probably tonight after the one coffee I'm allowing myself. Addiction sucks...
Hey, after my own posting irregularities, I'm in no position to criticize anyone else's. As another GM of mine is fond of saying, Real Life First!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #415
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Nobody you know." She realizes that even with the two minions she's dangerously exposed, and walks towards the master bedroom.
How close is she to the other two? Would she be able to reach them if she jumped at them?

Her idea is threefold...

1)Jump at them with the sword
2) Ethereal Shields (Assuming that hadn't been done by someone else already)
3) Have the sword's flames FLARE

She will put one down if she can
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #416
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Both of the new demons get a heavy dose of drain cleaner -- old-fashioned sulfuric acid -- right in the face and especially the eyes and mouth. If they don't die fast, they'll wish they had. The gun is kicked away, out of sight and out of reach.

Round the corner. Is "laughing boy" alone?
I'll have to roll on that, with penalties for the bad guys. Hitting two moving, motivated targets with liquid is not going to be that easy.

Kicking the gun out of sight won't be too hard if you manage to blind both guys, but if you don't...you're in a little corridor between a house and a fence. Unless there's a very welcoming clump of grass, there is no place to kick the thing out of sight.

And, assuming all that works out, how sneaky are you going to be round that corner? Because Laughing Boy is emphatically not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
How close is she to the other two? Would she be able to reach them if she jumped at them?

Her idea is threefold...

1)Jump at them with the sword
2) Ethereal Shields (Assuming that hadn't been done by someone else already)
3) Have the sword's flames FLARE

She will put one down if she can
I'd have to check to see if she's Shielded--I've kind of lost track.

The one I'll say is a good two strides from Sunae's position--he won't be surprised but he might not be fast enough to get away. The other will be one step behind him, relative to Sunae's position.

Flare would be purely visual--it won't increase the sword's reach however much Purifying Fire wishes it would.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #417
Rocket Man

Quote:
I'll have to roll on that, with penalties for the bad guys. Hitting two moving, motivated targets with liquid is not going to be that easy.

Kicking the gun out of sight won't be too hard if you manage to blind both guys, but if you don't...you're in a little corridor between a house and a fence. Unless there's a very welcoming clump of grass, there is no place to kick the thing out of sight.

And, assuming all that works out, how sneaky are you going to be round that corner? Because Laughing Boy is emphatically not alone.
Is the Ethereal Form still active? If so, he'll sacrifice stealthiness for speed, so that he can act while he's still unseen, coming around the corner quick but low, trying to avoid running into anyone. (That's also how I was figuring he had a chance of hitting both the others ... it's hard to dodge something that you can't see coming!)

If the invisibility is fading, then he gets sneakier. Is the roof pitched or flat? Also, are there still any bees or wasps nearby?

Last edited by Rocket Man; 02-01-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #418
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Is the Ethereal Form still active? If so, he'll sacrifice stealthiness for speed, so that he can act while he's still unseen, coming around the corner quick but low, trying to avoid running into anyone.

If the invisibility is fading, then he gets sneakier. Is the roof pitched or flat?
1. Don't know, would have to check stats which I really can't do here at work. Give me about four hours on that.
2. Standard California suburbia....hey, seems to me I have a picture on that one...it's the "Dogwood" floorplan of some random development...looks for link or saved picture...give me a little time on that. But generally speaking, pitched but not low to the ground.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #419
Rocket Man

Quote:
1. Don't know, would have to check stats which I really can't do here at work. Give me about four hours on that.
2. Standard California suburbia....hey, seems to me I have a picture on that one...it's the "Dogwood" floorplan of some random development...looks for link or saved picture...give me a little time on that. But generally speaking, pitched but not low to the ground.
OK. If it helps, duration on Eth. Form is CD x Ethereal Forces in minutes. Kane has 3 Forces, so that would be anywhere from 3 to 18 minutes, depending on the CD.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #420
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
OK. If it helps, duration on Eth. Form is CD x Ethereal Forces in minutes. Kane has 3 Forces, so that would be anywhere from 3 to 18 minutes, depending on the CD.
from angelpaths Tarot of the Day--the card is 11 major arcana "Lust". Being major I divide by 4 and round up--CD 3.

It helps a lot actually. You're still within 9 minutes, so I'll contemplate actions and post when I'm rested.

CT scan tomorrow, but I'll be mildly surprised if they find anything beyond bunched up bowels. Life's been a bit stressful and since I can medicate headaches away my body goes after my gut.

Tags
in nomine