Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-28-2018, 03:35 PM   #411
Anaraxes

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

I thought the forum had strict rules against advocating piracy.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:34 PM   #412
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
I thought the forum had strict rules against advocating piracy.
I'm feeling a guideline and rules quote hanging in the background.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:41 PM   #413
Chris Rice

They're more guidelines than actual rules......
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:50 PM   #414
kbs666

I remember trying to hit the BB that day. I think someone on GEnie told me what happened a couple of days later.
kbs666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:18 AM   #415
pyratejohn

I have seen a few posts on Facebook game groups by people who did not know about the Kickstarter until it was too late. Is there any way for them to get in on it now? If so, I'd like to be able to pass the news along to them.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:31 AM   #416
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyratejohn View Post
I have seen a few posts on Facebook game groups by people who did not know about the Kickstarter until it was too late. Is there any way for them to get in on it now? If so, I'd like to be able to pass the news along to them.
Once the BackerKit survey opens, there will be options to preorder for those who missed the project.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:35 AM   #417
pyratejohn

Excellent. Thanks! I'll keep posting that info whenever I see someone lament the fact that they missed the KS.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #418
platimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Once the BackerKit survey opens, there will be options to preorder for those who missed the project.
I'm so depressed that I missed the kickstarter. I've been clicking around for about 30 minutes now trying to understand what this 'backerkit survey' is all about. I've only done one kickstarter before and I'm not that familiar with SJG, the website, or this forum.

Can someone help this clueless adventurer out? Is there a link I can go to figure out how I can "preorder [because I] missed the project"? Maybe an email list I can get on for notification?

I really appreciate it. Now if you excuse me, I have to go blow my nose and wipe the tears from eyes.

UPDATE
After an hour+ of clicking around, I think I've figured this out. For the next few days, I need to keep checking the following page periodically:
https://www.backerkit.com/are_you_a_backer

Once the TFT Project shows up there, I need to click 'Goto Project'. The resulting page will have a "Missed the Campaign? Visit our pre-order store." link I can click on to order.

Is that right?

Last edited by platimus; 09-08-2018 at 10:36 AM.
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:31 PM   #419
ak_aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by platimus View Post
I'm so depressed that I missed the kickstarter. I've been clicking around for about 30 minutes now trying to understand what this 'backerkit survey' is all about. I've only done one kickstarter before and I'm not that familiar with SJG, the website, or this forum.

Can someone help this clueless adventurer out? Is there a link I can go to figure out how I can "preorder [because I] missed the project"? Maybe an email list I can get on for notification?

I really appreciate it. Now if you excuse me, I have to go blow my nose and wipe the tears from eyes.

UPDATE
After an hour+ of clicking around, I think I've figured this out. For the next few days, I need to keep checking the following page periodically:
https://www.backerkit.com/are_you_a_backer

Once the TFT Project shows up there, I need to click 'Goto Project'. The resulting page will have a "Missed the Campaign? Visit our pre-order store." link I can click on to order.

Is that right?
Backerkit is a company that helps other companies manage the fulfillment aspects of a kickstarter.

Mostly, tho', they function as a way for KS runners to get which add-ons a given customer opted for, and to allow further add-ons, and sometimes (already stated to be true for this one by SJG staffers) being able to get in on the KS after closure to some degree.

After the KS closes, when ready to either start fulfillment or when ready to order the print runs, the KS runner contacts backerkit, and through them builds a survey to get the needed information, charge for shipping, allow ordering more add-ons, and several other such things.

Don't worry - SJG is quite likely to make a big noise here about the Backerkit hitting. Even if SJG doesn't, fan discussion of it should.
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:59 PM   #420
Anaraxes

The KS and Backerkit surveys were scheduled to go out on Monday, per the last email, with a random selection for a "smoke test" this weekend. There may not be a functioning web link until those surveys are ready.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote