Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
antee_pal

Default Steal a level and winning

Hello all.

Some questions about Steal a Level card.

1) After searching the forum I've drawn a conclusion that in the situation when a cleric gets the winning level for the Divine Intervention this card can't be played on him to prevent the victory. Am I right?

2) Me and my pals faced another situation. An epic orc 19 lvl drew a first level monster from doors and ate it. Technically, eating first level monster is kinda Divine Intervention for orcs and nothing can prevent it (except annihilation and one of GUAL's, of course), but there is a difference: orc should decide to eat or not to eat. So, I think, Steal a Level card can be played in the phase of deciding, right?
But if orc isn't a bloody idiot, he will decide to eat the monster much faster than somebody looks in his cards, so it is pointless =(

P.S. Sorry for my unspeakably awful English =)
antee_pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
Palmer

Default Re: Steal a level and winning

Then general rule is "Once something has started, everything else has to wait until it's done before they can happen."

As soon as Divine Intervention hits the table, it has to finish granting the level (and thus the win) before any other cards can take effect (by that point, it's game over anyways).

The only exception is any card that says it "cancels".

The second scenario is much as you describe. It really comes down to whoever declares their intentions first (most likely the orc). It should not come down to a frenzied shouting match though.
In the event of people wanting to do things at the same time, a simple rule of thumb is whoever's turn it is gets to go first. Which is the orc.
MIB #5799 - Vancouver, BC, Canada, Eh?
CON SCHEDULE

August 24 - 26, 2012 - Cos & Effect, Vancouver BC
Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
divine intervention, orc, steal a level, win