Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #721
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen perks up at that statement. "I suppose there is a history associated with it? I should very much like to hear about such a remarkable thing, if you would be willing to tell me more about it?" He visibly swallows further questions, but waits like a cat watching a birdcage.
"Not much to say. It was a gift from My Bright Lady and it has been passed down from generation to generation the last 800 years, give or take."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #722
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Not much to say. It was a gift from My Bright Lady and it has been passed down from generation to generation the last 800 years, give or take."
"Oh nothing," Corat mocks gently, "just a little old sword that's probably older than I am." He nudges her to make sure she understands he's harmless in this. "But I'm going to try to contact the rest of the bunch before we go opening the Halloween presents."

If you listen closely, the jars catch their collective breath at this (minus the one with the very weird language, who seems to have missed the hint).
Old 12-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #723
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
His face falls. "I assume that your Bright Lady is a nonhuman of some type? I've only occasionally heard of any living devices, and I thought perhaps that I'd found one made by men."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #724
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Oh nothing," Corat mocks gently, "just a little old sword that's probably older than I am." He nudges her to make sure she understands he's harmless in this.
Sunae smiles at him, sharing the joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
His face falls. "I assume that your Bright Lady is a nonhuman of some type? I've only occasionally heard of any living devices, and I thought perhaps that I'd found one made by men."
"Another name for the Archangel Gabriel is the Bright Lady. You will also hear me refer to her as the Blessed Lady and in more formal occasions, My Blessed Lady of the Flame"
Old 12-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #725
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Oh nothing," Corat mocks gently, "just a little old sword that's probably older than I am." He nudges her to make sure she understands he's harmless in this. "But I'm going to try to contact the rest of the bunch before we go opening the Halloween presents."
Corat first calls Zahirah, the one least likely to be either driving or shooting. "Where are you and how soon can you get here?"
Old 12-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #726
alexondria

Quote:
Corat first calls Zahirah, the one least likely to be either driving or shooting. "Where are you and how soon can you get here?"
Zahirah would look to Ashe, "What's the ETA with meeting up with Corat and the others?" Looking out the window to see if she can spot a street sign or other landmark while she waits on the answer from him.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #727
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
((And the GM forgot to multitask))

And, in typical Wheel style, Corat waves to Sunae and mouths the words, "Call Mitch."
Old 12-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #728
ladyarcana55

Quote:
And, in typical Wheel style, Corat waves to Sunae and mouths the words, "Call Mitch."
"And say what?"

As she dials Mitch's number. When he answers...

"Mitch, it's Sunae. We're here, where are you and how soon will you get here?"
Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #729
Puck

Quote:

"The cops. That could be bad news or very good news; total flip of the coin in this town. This truck's not built for speed but I know a place to hide." The truck makes a sharp turn down an alley and maneuvers past trash cans and other piles for a couple of blocks. Another sharp turn and he appears to have lost the tailing car. Once he's fairly sure it's gone he slows down enough to get a bird to land on the windshield. Instead he's graced with a rather large spider from a tree overhead.

"How do we look?"

The spider makes an OK sign with five of its legs.

"Alright, just to be safe. Mitch, reach back in that box and grab the garage remotes. There should be one with a blue clip on the back. Hit that one and tell me what opens."
Mitch grins at the spider and gives it a thumbs up before grabing the remote and punching the open button. As he does so his phone rings. "Hello? Oh Sunae. Umm, soon I hope. We're sort of hiding from a posible police hunt. Somone saw Corat pass me the gun and most likely called the cops. And we are in a rather obvious ice cream van."

Last edited by Puck; 12-11-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #730
RadLilim

Quote:
((May I assume the ambulance is going to NoHo (north Hollywood) in the interest of compressing time?))
((yep))

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah would look to Ashe, "What's the ETA with meeting up with Corat and the others?" Looking out the window to see if she can spot a street sign or other landmark while she waits on the answer from him.
He jerks his head to a small, flat screen on the dash board. "That's the GPS, turn it on and give it the address."

((GM? What's it's answer?))

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine