Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #561
RadLilim

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch blinks at Kane "My Boss's truck? You mean the ice cream van?"
Ash raises an eyebrow at that comment, but stays quiet and continues to help pack the ambulance as tightly as they can.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #562
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"The one and only," Kane says softly, grinning back. "Should be able to handle the job, don't you think?"

Though I'm not about to mention it's a mobile Tether in front of Mr. Sorcerer's Apprentice, he thinks to himself. Especially since this one's probably smart enough to avoid any threat of lethal action until the sword's gone.
Mitch looks thoughtful and then nods "I think that between that and the ambulance there should be enough room. Will you excuse me for a moment." He steps into the next room and pulls out his cell phone, placing a call to the tether.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #563
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Mitch looks thoughtful and then nods "I think that between that and the ambulance there should be enough room. Will you excuse me for a moment." He steps into the next room and pulls out his cell phone, placing a call to the tether.
An old man answers, the soldier he met before who often mans the truck (post #48). "So how badly do you need a strawberry shortcake pop?"

In the distance, you hear the tinkling tune of an ice-cream truck. He can't be more than a few blocks away.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-23-2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: impatient GM upping the pace
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #564
tHEhERETIC

(Just printed out Sup: Asmodeus and read it on the bus on my way home.)

"But I was kind! I was good! I was a white light sorcerer, shouldn't that count for something?" Kingman saw the obsidian towers and scrambled backwards, trying to pull loose of the Fate demon's grasp. It was no good. Daniel and Hutriel stood silent as stones, watching for their cue. It wasn't there.

A hundred other souls stood at those gates at that moment, and the gate angels inspected them all, and remained unmoved by the pleadings of the damned. Some of those souls believed they were alone at those gates, others saw they were part of a throng. It didn't matter in the least.

"Wait wait wait wait," Kingman spoke directly now to the Fate demon. "There were angels who came and killed me." The demon moved relentlessly towards the entrance to Hades. "In L.A. Angels in Los Angeles. I know they're not supposed to be there, but there they were, in force, inside to kill a man sworn to the demoness of sorcery. Surely that's an offense to you. Surely telling you that will get me someplace suitable in Hell."

The Fate demon told Kingman to pause, and they stood beside the gate for what seemed like only a second. Thereafter a tall, suave fellow with glowing eyes strode out the gates, the invisible throngs parting around him like water around a rock. "Tell me about these angels. How did they get in? How did they not get slaughtered on the way out?" knowing full well that they might not be out yet.

As for Kingman, 'suitable' may have been a bad choice of word.

((Don't panic, I am not siccing Asmodeus on your exit. Actually I want you all out of there soon, so I can get on with the plot. This post is just a glimpse of where that plot is--your characters will see ripples from this transaction after you're out of L.A.
And to point out that dead--for a Fated--is not gone.)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-21-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: deeeetail
Old 10-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #565
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
An old man answers, the soldier he met before who often mans the truck (post #48). "So how badly do you need a strawberry shortcake pop?"

In the distance, you hear the tinkling tune of an ice-cream truck. He can't be more than a few blocks away.
Mitch says seriously "Pretty badly, it's getting a bit warm here. Ah, luckly it sounds like you're near by by the grace of God."
Old 10-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #566
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Mitch says seriously "Pretty badly, it's getting a bit warm here. Ah, luckly it sounds like you're near by by the grace of God."
Corat leans over and speaks your current address into the phone. "Oh, and could you bring a longbow?"

"A bit flashy, but at least it's silent. I'll see. Meanwhile, how many do we have to drive through to get to you?"

"There are three hanging around in corporeal, but I don't see any in celestial form. We arranged a distraction, so hopefully that's all there is."

"Oh, you did that? Keep that to yourselves for now--we don't want to send Asmodeus or Baal an invitation to open hostility. Right now we're just calling it another tiff between R and R, lumping that in with the siege thing we had a few days ago."

A few minutes later the ice cream truck rounds the bend and is waved over by the three demons in front. It's tense, some conversation and posturing, but it ends in an ice cream purchase.

The truck pulls up to the front door, blaring its tinkling little tune. The old soldier leans out of the truck window. "We haven't got all day."
Old 10-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #567
Puck

Quote:
Corat leans over and speaks your current address into the phone. "Oh, and could you bring a longbow?"

"A bit flashy, but at least it's silent. I'll see. Meanwhile, how many do we have to drive through to get to you?"

"There are three hanging around in corporeal, but I don't see any in celestial form. We arranged a distraction, so hopefully that's all there is."

"Oh, you did that? Keep that to yourselves for now--we don't want to send Asmodeus or Baal an invitation to open hostility. Right now we're just calling it another tiff between R and R, lumping that in with the siege thing we had a few days ago."

A few minutes later the ice cream truck rounds the bend and is waved over by the three demons in front. It's tense, some conversation and posturing, but it ends in an ice cream purchase.

The truck pulls up to the front door, blaring its tinkling little tune. The old soldier leans out of the truck window. "We haven't got all day."
Mitch takes a moment to wonder if he could get in touch with the Angel of Music and talk her into coming up with a different tune for ice cream trucks, something other then "Turkey in the Straw" would be nice. Then he nods at DeShawn and the others "Are we ready to head out? Everything packed?" He adds to DeShawn "You ride with me." figuring that a Tether would be probably the safest place for a mortal during a demon attack.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #568
alexondria

Zahirah would go where she's told helping load stuff as they make their way out.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:52 AM   #569
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Mitch looks thoughtful and then nods "I think that between that and the ambulance there should be enough room.
Quote:

Quote:
Mitch ...He adds to DeShawn "You ride with me." figuring that a Tether would be probably the safest place for a mortal during a demon attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah would go where she's told helping load stuff as they make their way out.
"Ryuki?" Corat says into the phone, "I'll send the stuff to the desert, know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I know the place. I'm so there....aw damn. I have a client tomorrow morning I cannot get out of. Damn damn damn, I wanted to go through Kingman's stuff." He waves Glen over to the room. "Listen, put them in a room and lock it. Don't open them, don't go anywhere near them."

"Dude, you don't know who is out there in the desert!"

"And you don't know who's in there."

"You just want to loot Kingman's collection."

"Damn straight. But he had money at one point, and he could buy things he couldn't possibly have trapped, and there's quite a trade for baddies in a bottle. I'm serious, don't even talk around them."

Corat laughs quietly and shakes his head, clearly not taking Ryuki too seriously on this. He waves at the angels packing the trucks, and waits until they're all or nearly all on board.

A hand from the truck hands him a longbow and quiver of steel-tips, and this makes Corat a happy angel.

"Okay, there definitely are only three demons right here. I'm going to go vertical and look around to see how many we're facing on the roads." He spares an aside to the ice cream truck driver. "We have enough gas to get to Lancaster?" The driver nods.

Unless anyone objects, Corat goes celestial, a whirl of razorwire with a glowing beating heart who prepares to shoot upward to have a look around.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-27-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #570
Dalillama

Quote:
"Yeah, I know the place. I'm so there....aw damn. I have a client tomorrow morning I cannot get out of. Damn damn damn, I wanted to go through Kingman's stuff." He waves Glen over to the room. "Listen, put them in a room and lock it. Don't open them, don't go anywhere near them."
Glen shrugs and trots back over, towing Bruce behind him. "Locking people up, now?" He asks as he overhears the last bit of the conversation.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine