Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
Bampop

Default Good, Bad, Munchkin questions

I just got GBM, and GBM 2. Easily joins Booty and Fantasy as one of my favorites. Two questions came up though.

Medicine Show: If the cancelled card is a monster that was wandered in, what happens to the Wandering Monster card? Discard or back to player's hand? I guess this applies to Annihilation and O'Rlyeh too.

Back in the Saddle: I'm sure this question applies to other cards and instances, and I'm almost sure it's been answered before, but: the text says in order to claim the Steed from the discard pile, you must legally be able to use that Steed. Does this only refer to restrictions such as 'Not Usable By' and 'Usable by Only,' or does it mean I can not replace a Steed I currently have? In other words, may I discard the Steed I currently have to take a better one using this card?
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
thedag

Default Re: Good, Bad, Munchkin questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bampop View Post
Medicine Show: If the cancelled card is a monster that was wandered in, what happens to the Wandering Monster card? Discard or back to player's hand? I guess this applies to Annihilation and O'Rlyeh too.
Seem as the card gets discarded i would say wandering monster gets discarded as well.

i don't have GBM2 so don't have back in the Saddle.
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:44 AM   #3
Clipper

Quote:
I just got GBM, and GBM 2. Easily joins Booty and Fantasy as one of my favorites. Two questions came up though.

I'm not sure about that card in particular, having not seen it, but given you mention Annihilation, maybe this FAQ entry helps:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Q. My opponent used Wandering Monster. What happens if I Annihilate the monster? What about the Wandering Monster card itself?
A. In both cases, the card you Annihilate goes into the box and is forgotten, and the other card goes back into your opponent's hand.
Quote:
Back in the Saddle: I'm sure this question applies to other cards and instances, and I'm almost sure it's been answered before, but: the text says in order to claim the Steed from the discard pile, you must legally be able to use that Steed. Does this only refer to restrictions such as 'Not Usable By' and 'Usable by Only,' or does it mean I can not replace a Steed I currently have? In other words, may I discard the Steed I currently have to take a better one using this card?
Given that you can't arbitrarily discard a Steed, you wouldn't be able to replace one that you have already. You can't have a second steed, so you can't use one (unless Cheat! had been played on the first beforehand or something similar). At least, that's how I understand it from your description of the card text.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
I'm not sure about that card in particular, having not seen it, but given you mention Annihilation, maybe this FAQ entry helps:
Um, crap. I think I need to fix that answer, because it's not consistent with other rulings. (Kids, this is why you shouldn't write FAQs when you're tired.)

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:01 AM   #5
Bampop

You also shouldn't read FAQs when you're tired because I swear I wa looking for Annihilation as well.

As for the Steed question, it doesn't say you must legally be able to "equip" that Steed, so may I tke the discarded Steed into my hand until I can sell the first?
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Old 04-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
thedag

Quote:
You also shouldn't read FAQs when you're tired because I swear I wa looking for Annihilation as well.

As for the Steed question, it doesn't say you must legally be able to "equip" that Steed, so may I tke the discarded Steed into my hand until I can sell the first?
putting it into your hand is not using it. When a card says you must be able to use it then that would mean on the table. I will leave it for someone more knowledgable than me to determine if equip and use are the same thing.
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
Bampop

You know what, thinking on it more, there is very little that allows cards to go into you hand, and it's always stated explicitly, so I'm ruling against myself on this one.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
mib3282@gmail.com

Last edited by Bampop; 04-15-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Subject/verb agreement.