Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #31
LoneWolf23k

Default Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Races - 25 point templates

Just call them "Shadow Elves", to distinguish them from the typical Banestorm Dark Elves. Heck, just to shake things up, you don't have to make them all Evil. Instead, they're just a splintered Elven subrace, while the surface-dwelling Dark Elves generally give all Elves a bad name.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #32
LoneWolf23k

I'm not going to let this thread die. So here are some Beastmen races of my own design:

Wolfen [25 points]
Attribute Modifiers: ST+1 [10]; HT +1 [10]
Advantages:Acute Hearing +2 [4]; Acute Taste and Smell +2 [4]; Discriminatory Smell [15]; Fur [1]; Sharp Teeth [1]
Disadvantages: Bad Temper (15) [-5]; Colorblindness [-10]; Overconfidence (12) [-5]
Features: Tail

Bastet [25 points]
Attribute Modifiers: ST-1 [-10]; DX+1 [20]
Advantahes: Acute Hearing +2 [4]; Acute Taste and Smell 1 [2]; Catfall [10]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Sharp Claws [1]; Temperature Tolerance 1 [1]
Disadvantages: Impulsiveness (12) [-10]; Overconfidence (12) [-5]; Sleepy (1/2 of the time) [-8]
Features: Purring voice, tail
Old 01-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #33
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf23k
Bastet [25 points]
Advantahes: Acute Hearing +2 [4]; Acute Taste and Smell 1 [2]; Catfall [10]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Sharp Claws [1]; Temperature Tolerance 1 [1]
Disadvantages: Impulsiveness (12) [-10]; Overconfidence (12) [-5]; Sleepy (1/2 of the time) [-8]
No fur on the felines?

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:58 PM   #34
LoneWolf23k

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031
No fur on the felines?
D'oh! Okay, can't believe I missed that. Fur wasn't in the Characters Felinoid template that I used as a model, so I forgot to add it. Okay, adding Fur, but instead of removing anything, I'll add a quirk appropriate to felines - Proud.

Modified template:
Bastet [25 points]
Advantahes: Acute Hearing +2 [4]; Acute Taste and Smell 1 [2]; Catfall [10]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Fur [1] Sharp Claws [1]; Temperature Tolerance 1 [1]
Disadvantages: Impulsiveness (12) [-10]; Overconfidence (12) [-5]; Sleepy (1/2 of the time) [-8];
Quirk: Proud [-1]
Old 01-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #35
Exxar
MIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSam
1) If we imagine all humans in your world would have luck - what would this be? With a view only on humans competing against each other no one would have luck because they 'neutralize' each other on the other hand all other races would probably be social underdogs if they are all "unlucky" in comparison to the human race...
Not all humans have luck! But all those who go on GURPS Dungeon Fantasy adventures do!

Quote:
2) Racial Skills? I don't think there is good explanation for this, you could rather think of regional or society-specific skills if you want this kind of things...
Nah, too complicated, just give humans those 10 points to spend on any skills they wish.

Quote:
3) The GURPS-System is built on the axiom that humans are 0 points changing this could have unforeseen consequences...
Dude, this is Dungeon Fantasy... consequences are at the treasure chest down the dungeon!

Overall, you are missing the point of GURPS Dungeon Fantasy :)

EDIT: Argh, I responded to the topic before I saw the OP date (don't know how I missed the topic before), I suppose some of this has already been said :)

Last edited by Exxar; 01-14-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Exxar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:02 AM   #36
pnewman

GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Racial Template - Caveman

Caveman [+25 points]

ST +2 [20], HT + 2 [20],
DR 1 (skull only -70%) [2] DR 1 (tough skin -40%) [3], Fit [5], Talent/Stalker/1 [5], Temperature Tolerance (Cold) 1 [1], Terrain Adaptation - Snow [5], Racially learned Skill - Survival/Arctic - IQ [2]

Speaks Caveman (native/none] [-3], Primitive TL 0 [-15], Social Stigma - Outsider [-10], Social Stigma - Uneducated [-5], Short Lifespan 1 [-1]*, Quirkes - Dull [-1], Staid [-1], Humble [-1], Dislikes Machinery [-1]
Taboo Traits - Other languages at more than Broken fluency [0], Any written languages at more than Broken fluency [0]

* I am deliberately reducing the cost of all aging related advantages and disadvantages for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy, on the assumption that most Dungeon Fantasy campaigns won't last long enough, in game time, for them to matter as much.

A primitive survivor of a bygone era, your people struggle to survive in a frozen wilderness. One of a very few of your people to move to the Warmlands, you probably took the Barbarian or Druid Template.
pnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:35 AM   #37
pnewman

GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Racial Template - Ogre

Ogre [+25]

ST + 10 (size -10%) [90], DX -1 [-20], IQ -2 [-40], Per + 1 [5], HT +3 [30], Size Modifier +1 [0], Basic Move +1 [5]. DR 3 (tough skin (-40%) [9], High Pain Threshold [10], Racially leaned Skill - Cooking w/ a specialization in cooking sentients - IQ (IQ outside specialization) [1].

Gluttony [-5], Ugly Appearance [-8], Social Stigma - Monster [-15], Odious Racial Habit (Eats other sentients) [-15], Primitive TL 0 [-15], Social Stigma - Uneducated [-5], Quirkes - Distractible [-1], Likes Fighting [-1].

They run and call you 'Monster!' You'll show the puny ones just what a 'monster' can do. They'll never mock you once you've eaten them.

This race is probably not suitable for most campaigns, and was more of a test
to see if I could do them with 25 points.
pnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:17 AM   #38
SandmanBr

Gargoyle [25 points]
Attribute Modifiers: IQ-1 [-20]; Per +1 [5]
Advantages: Acute Vision +2 [4]; Sharp Claws [5]; DR +2 (Tough Skin) [6]; Flight (Winged) [30]; Night Vision +4 [4]; Striker Horns (Cr Cannot Parry, Limited Arc) [1]; Striker Tail (Cannot Parry, Weak) [1]
Disadvantages: Social Stigma (Minority Group) [-10]; Shyness or Curiosity [-5]
Skills: Climbing DX+0 [2]; Flight HT+0 [2]
Old 01-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #39
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

FWIW, I am working on a third DF PDF right now, and it will include some racial templates. To prevent any chance that I might read this thread and steal somebody's ideas, I'm not reading this thread, but hiding it from myself (all hail admin powerz!). So please don't take my lack of input here personally . . . and don't be surprised if the "official" cat-girl, troll, etc., are nothing like the ones that will eventually show up here. ;) Especially as I'm deliberately creating totally different races from Banestorm and Fantasy, but reusing the names.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:55 AM   #40
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
FWIW, I am working on a third DF PDF right now, and it will include some racial templates. To prevent any chance that I might read this thread and steal somebody's ideas, I'm not reading this thread, but hiding it from myself (all hail admin powerz!). So please don't take my lack of input here personally . . . and don't be surprised if the "official" cat-girl, troll, etc., are nothing like the ones that will eventually show up here. ;) Especially as I'm deliberately creating totally different races from Banestorm and Fantasy, but reusing the names.
You know that if you steal ideas, people would most likely be pleased that their write-up made it in the book. Acknowledgments would be welcome, I guess, but not vital for something as minor as a template.

And you have a legal right to steal whatever is posted on these forums. ;)

So steal away, Line Editor. ;)