Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > The Gnomes of Zurich > Gamer Finder

Old 06-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
Zeppelin17

Default Forgotten Realms GURPS

Hey there
I play RPGs for almost 10 years now, but recently I can't find a group for many reasons. So I am looking for a group to play online on pretty much any way we can find that suits our needs (any programs for online RPG or even skype or teamspeak or whatever...). My favorite world is Forgotten Realms, and my favorite system is GURPS, so I wanna try out adapting both.
I like medieval settings in general, so it doesn't have to be FR, but I am more familiar with it.
If there is anyone out there with a group playing medieval campaigns and needs an extra player, or someone who would like to try setting up a group just post here and lets discuss the details.

Last edited by Zeppelin17; 06-18-2009 at 07:07 PM. Reason: missed a word
Zeppelin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
The Imperial Princess

Default Re: Forgotten Realms GURPS

Hi there! Me too!

I've played RPG off and on for more than 20 years. Mostly variants of D&D. Although I've done, Vampire, Werewolf, post modern/apoycolpitc, etc. I like medevial/fantasy settings. I'm not very familiar with Forgotten Realms (I was more into Dragonlance) but Im willing to adapt.

I don't have a web cam right now so I'd rather pass on skype or similar type set up. Mostly hoping for an Play by post (all of the ones I'm interested in already have enough players) or email.

Am willing to play just about any type of adventurer, fighter, cleric, dwarf, elf, etc. of just about any configuration. Lawful good, dumb as a post, whatever.......

I JUST NEED TO PLAY!!!!

I literally, just today, ordered the GURPS basic set so that I can run a game for my family (yes, I'm so desparate I've bribed my children and my husband to let me try GMing on them--also a first for me)

So, if anyone is interested in running any kind of fantasy game, Please, PLEASE let me play!!:>)))))
The Imperial Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Praxian

Well we have 3 people here with me who's desperate to do some online gaming.

Why don't we do e-mails and setup something sometime online?

I'd be happy to run if you'd all like to play. We can do a GURPS campaign with a fantasy D&D style feel if you guys would like.

As it pertains to how we do it, I'm no fan of play by post, so I'd much rather meet up online via a chat program (something like mIRC which is free to use).

Anyways, lemme know if you two are still interested. If so, I'll make a thread somewhere and post some home-spun rules for the casters via D&D stuff we've made for our other GURPS games.
Praxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
Cid SilverWing

I would love to join you if you were hosting a game.
Cid SilverWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
Praxian

Well, for those who would be interested, what's a good day for everyone?

Ideal days for me are Monday or Tuesdays as those are the days I'm off. Otherwise we can do it any other day after I get off work and get home (typically around 1am CST - so not ideal then).

What's the work schedules of everyone else who'd be interested?
Old 07-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
Cid SilverWing

I can do it every day.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
Zeppelin17

Hey

It would be great to set a game up.
Right now I'm on vacation from college, which means I'll be free every night of the week (I'm on GMT -3). My classes start again on august, so we might need to reschedule then (I study at night).
I also rather play via a chat program or voice conference or something. There are very good programs like that specifically for RPG which we can try.
Mondays or Tuesdays night would be ok for me for now.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
Praxian

Well then lets do this:

This Sunday (two days from now) lets get together during the day on mIRC via irc.scifi-fans.net

I'll make and register the channel right now, but when we hop on there message Praxian (me on irc) for a channel to join in on.

Lets meet up around 11:30am CST (GMT -6), 2:30p (GMT -3), 9:30a (GMT -5).

We'll iron out all the details on the campaign stuff there and then. :)

Can't wait to see you guys online!

Edit:

Have made the channel. On joining the server join #Praxis_OOC or #GURPS
Obviously once we start gaming, I'll moderate the #GURPS channel so only players can talk in it that have characters, and we'll have ooc chatter take place in #Praxis_OOC

Last edited by Praxian; 07-17-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: update for new channels.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
Zeppelin17

Ok

I have never used any IRC clients before, plus I'm on a Mac, so there's no mIRC, but another software caled Ircle, wich I downloaded just now, but I have no clue how to use for now... I'll try to set it up, look into some forums online and see if there is any tutorial to get it working.
If I can't get it done, I'll let you know in here.

Later
Old 07-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
Cid SilverWing

Yippi kay yeah! We're goin' in!

Tags
forgotten realms, looking for game, looking for group, rpg group