Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 06-28-2018, 12:00 PM   #1
farbror

Default Suggested Stretch Goals from Sweden

Sorry if this is duplicated! I enjoyed my Game Master Screen very much and I would love to have one included in the Kickstarter Package.
farbror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:51 AM   #2
Chris Rice

Default Re: Suggested Stretch Goals from Sweden

There have been strong suggestions that there will be a GM screen. I also hope to have one. 😊😊
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:01 AM   #3
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
There have been strong suggestions that there will be a GM screen. I also hope to have one. 😊😊
As a stretch goal, yes. Not automatically included in the box at launch.

Personally, the screen is one of those classic game accessories I enjoy.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:03 AM   #4
larsdangly

Are there any other 'stretch goal' threads going?
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:37 AM   #5
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
Are there any other 'stretch goal' threads going?
I’ve not seen one. Feel free to add your stretch goal ideas here and our team will read and absorb the info.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:05 AM   #6
Rick_Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
I’ve not seen one. Feel free to add your stretch goal ideas here and our team will read and absorb the info.
Extra counters!
-- Multi-hex terrain to speed setting up varied battle fields.
-- More dragon sizes. (I have eggs, 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 19, 24, and 30 hexes.) :-D
-- Prehistoric Killer pigs: 2, 3 and 4 hexes.
-- Fires that are red and shadows that are blue (unlike 2nd edition of Wizard which were all purple).
-- a few Horses: 2 hex donkeys, mules, ponies, and 3 hex war horses.
-- Trolls 1 & 3 hexes.
-- Ogres, 1, 3 and 5 hexes.
-- Skeletons and zombies.
-- Large animals, 2 hex dire wolves, 2 hex grizzly bears, 3 hex cave bears, etc.
-- Good number of orcs. (I prefer dog faced ones than pig faced.)
-- 1, 3 and 7 hex spiders.
-- Couple sizes of manticore (say 4 and 9 hex).
-- etc. etc.

EDIT:
If the stretch goal is to increase page count a bit, rather than adding more counters, GM Shields, or other physical components, then having more talents, especially powerful talents, would be key for me.

LATER EDIT:
Many later TFT products are likely to be downloadable, *.pdf's. This makes lots of counters especially important in the Kickstarter physical box, since that will be it for counters for most people.

Last edited by Rick_Smith; 07-01-2018 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Added "more talents". Added "more counters".
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:50 AM   #7
larsdangly

I think the best ways to build on TFT's core strengths is by adding things you use at the table (as opposed to alternate/optional/extra rules). Some stuff I'd like:

- High quality hex maps and moveable/placeable terrain features, all in the 2D 'hex and chit' style rather than the 3D 'carboard heroes' style

- Monsters

- Spells and items

(it is worth remembering that most of the page count of the break-out edition of D+D — the 1E hard backs — were just compendia of monsters, spells and items)

- A compendium of gear-head stuff (a bunch of weapons, armor, shields, etc.). This has to be done carefully so you get functional diversity and not just 35 words for broadsword. But there are definitely ways to do this smart.

- A Cidri book, focusing on stuff you use in play rather than flufular fluff. Think original Wilderlands or the Greyhawk folio, not a 450 page hard cover book full of blather.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #8
JLV

I've already asked for the ability to add extra copies of Melee and Wizard -- if necessary, as a stretch goal...

Also;

- Cardboard heroes of as many types as we can get;
- actual creature counters for the many different sizes of figures (e.g, the elephant, the horse, the giant lizard, and the giant spider from Steve Jackson's errata in the Space Gamer);
- two or three different kinds of maps; one outdoors, one in a building, and one in the dungeon, for example;
- counters for terrain and obstacles -- trees, pillars, rocks, pits, cliff sides, etc. to help make each map unique;
- Perhaps several (say, four) separate "charts and tables" booklets for the GM to pass around during character creation, so everyone can work at the same time instead of taking turns passing the book around;
- a 14-hex dragon counter!!!
- A Cidri splatbook!!! (you could dual-stat it for GURPS and make it a hit with both groups)
- More illustrations (especially for the various beasties and plants)
- a promise to work on mass combat, aerial combat, and water combat expansions
- An expansion of Tollenkar's Lair to include more "depth" to the adventure in terms of a section on chasing Tollenkar down in the city, and maybe a couple of side adventures -- in other words, make it a mini-campaign!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:59 PM   #9
GlennDoren

Definitely would enjoy as many quality counters/maps as possible.

On top of that, any solo/programmed adventures and/or campaigns would be my biggest request. Having someone like a John H. Butterfield (Ambush!, D-Day series...) or other veteran solo-play designers focused on quality programmed adventures/experiences would be a huge win. I know it's been mentioned before in the forums, but Gloomhaven and other recent programmed/solo-ready games have been extremely popular--why not make that a compelling feature of the new TFT relaunch? Death Test 1 & 2 is a nice start--but programmed adventures have gotten pretty sophisticated over the years...

Having a cool AI system would not only be valuable for solo play, but co-op as well.

And again--an app to GM would be awesome, but I realize it's likely beyond the budget/scope of this initial relaunch.
GlennDoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #10
Rick_Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennDoren View Post
Definitely would enjoy as many quality counters/maps as possible.

On top of that, any solo/programmed adventures and/or campaigns would be my biggest request.
Hi GlennDoren,
The Kickstarter starts on July 21 and runs for one month (if I remember the dates right). I'm guessing that they want the new TFT out before X-mas so that is not enough time to develop a lot of new content. However, new programmed adventures would be possible after the launch, I bet.

I'm no business man, so this is guessing on top of speculation. But I think new programmed adventures are unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennDoren View Post
...I know it's been mentioned before in the forums, but Gloomhaven and other recent programmed/solo-ready games have been extremely popular--why not make that a compelling feature of the new TFT relaunch? ...

Having a cool AI system would not only be valuable for solo play, but co-op as well.

And again--an app to GM would be awesome, but I realize it's likely beyond the budget/scope of this initial relaunch.
I don't know how complex Gloomhaven's AI is, but maybe a few pages of rules could be done in time for solo AI?

Warm regards, rick.

Last edited by Rick_Smith; 07-06-2018 at 01:25 AM.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote