Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-16-2019, 12:41 PM   #71
Hide

Default Re: JCSP character management tool

After a very-very-quick check, I have some comments.

I am using Firefox on windows and I got these messages:
"No traits found."
"No skills found."

It makes me think the program is no loading certain information; so, assuming there are pre-loaded skills and advantages, I cannot add any. I added custom skills, but it's kind of hard this way.

On the other hand; pre-loaded equipment can be added without issues.

IMO deleting skills with 2 clicks is kind of complicated. To me it is easier clicking on an "X" than reading 3 lines of text and then clicking 2 times and then confirming deletion.

Regards!
Old 08-16-2019, 12:55 PM   #72
jcsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Paul View Post
Hey; new computer new problems.
Running Win 10 and I get the same problem in Chrome or Firefox - the character sheet is disjointed with several dialog boxes and there is a permanent overlay of the disclaimer concerning SJG's property, your creation of the JCSP and release for free distribution etc as well as a series of what might be selection buttons if they worked. The dialog boxes are in the background and scroll and occasionally a button is active (3e, 4e etc).

Any idea what the basic malf is here? Is there something more I have to do with 7-zip?
Did you get these errors after downloading the most recent version to your computer? If so, I would want to know if you see the same issues when you look at the character sheets on the web at www.cox-thurmond.net/jim/jcsp/; if so then I have work to do to fix browser compatibility issues, if not then you should try downloading and unzipping again, something probably went wrong with that process. I'd be surprised if 7-zip were to blame.

If it matters, this sounds like the CSS style sheets got messed up. If so, I would just download it again; that would be the most reliable way to fix it.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:10 PM   #73
jcsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
After a very-very-quick check, I have some comments.

I am using Firefox on windows and I got these messages:
"No traits found."
"No skills found."

It makes me think the program is no loading certain information; so, assuming there are pre-loaded skills and advantages, I cannot add any. I added custom skills, but it's kind of hard this way.

On the other hand; pre-loaded equipment can be added without issues.

IMO deleting skills with 2 clicks is kind of complicated. To me it is easier clicking on an "X" than reading 3 lines of text and then clicking 2 times and then confirming deletion.

Regards!
There are definitely supposed to be a bunch of pre-loaded skills and advantages. Custom skills and traits should only be needed for home-brew stuff.

Are you using the character sheets on the website (www.cox-thurmond.net/jim/jcsp/), or did you download the package and point your browser to the local character sheets? This will let me know if I have a Windows problem or a download problem.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:04 PM   #74
Joseph Paul
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsp View Post
Did you get these errors after downloading the most recent version to your computer? If so, I would want to know if you see the same issues when you look at the character sheets on the web at www.cox-thurmond.net/jim/jcsp/; if so then I have work to do to fix browser compatibility issues, if not then you should try downloading and unzipping again, something probably went wrong with that process. I'd be surprised if 7-zip were to blame.

If it matters, this sounds like the CSS style sheets got messed up. If so, I would just download it again; that would be the most reliable way to fix it.
I did get this error after downloading JCSP 1.10. I have downloaded it a couple of times apparently it was going Edge instead of FF or Chrome. I do not have the same problem with the ones on the web - but I am desirous of having the local cache. Turned off Edge downloaded as you instructed and I have character sheets! I will play with this a while and see if anything is missing etc. Thank you very much.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:20 PM   #75
jcsp

JCSP update: Release 1.12 is public

It seems I neglected to post the release of version 1.11 here, and it has been an entire pandemic since that release, so it's been a minute since my last post. Like 4 years.

Nevertheless, here are some highlights from 1.12:
  • Equipment has been reworked to allow "hybrid" items that function as, for instance, both shield and weapon.
  • Movement (running, swimming, flying) tables have been reworked and improved.
  • Character Reports have lots of new stuff.
  • There's a new Camo theme, and the 3rd edition sheets got a makeover to look more like the chunky, bevel-y sheets we all loved back in the day.

Come visit the site at https://cox-thurmond.net/jim/jcsp/