Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #11
Ashley

Default Re: Sooo . . .What do you want?

Neoprene maps that can be rolled up with two inch hexes.

Otherwise I'm good.

Blogs:
http://panther6actual.blogspot.co.uk/
http://ashleyrpollard.blogspot.co.uk/
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #12
HeatDeath

I'd love to see the Ogre map and G-1 at 2 inches per hex and no hex grid - perfect for miniatures play.

It'd also be nice to see the Assault Packs see the light of day some day. ODE backers can hunt them down in the comment archives, but a wider release would be awesome. Even bundling them together to make a larger expansion or two.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #13
Mack_JB

And for those of us who missed the Assault Packs in the original KS, a wider release (as a PDF) would be appreciated.
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:23 PM   #14
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
And for those of us who missed the Assault Packs in the original KS, a wider release (as a PDF) would be appreciated.
The Assault Packs were supposed to be commercial releases, but the market shifted and SJ Games decided to go a different direction. I would absolutely love if they were finished as PDFs, with perhaps a Kickstarter to fund a physical print run along with their custom counters.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:33 PM   #15
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

yeah, I'd like to see the Assault Packs come back. There was a lot of good potential in those.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:42 PM   #16
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Scribe View Post
Pocket GEV, with the understanding that it will retail for around $15. Go minimalist like with Pocket Ogre: Two-tone counters and a paper map with zip-a-tone markings, as discussed elsewhere on this forum.
I'd like to see this, too. related to it...

6E-sized G.E.V. I'd like to see the Original G.E.V. in the 6e format. I love demoing Ogre, but I love G.E.V. more and it really bugs me that I can't share that love. Battlefields will bring green map terrain to the masses, but the G1 map and scenarios are missing. I'd really like to see a G.E.V. box to go with the 6E box.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:55 PM   #17
selenite

PDFs for map-bashing as support for making scenarios.

Rather than fiddling with the town overlays to build a city, have a full page of town hexes that can be printed and cut to the shape needed. Repeat with clear, water, forest, etc.

I'm visualizing making the DC map seen at Escape Velocity or the Pittsburg map from Ogrezine, without having to print a whole map.

I'd consider this worth paying for.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:02 PM   #18
Knockman

My preferences:

Fill in the gaps, starting with Combine plastic miniatures, Mk I and II Ogres, then the other items/Ogre-types/bases/buildings. I see this as a win-win - it provides plastic pieces for some who want to augment their Ogre boardgame and it also ensures Ogre Miniatures has a stable supply source for the future.

Then sort out the Mapboards or consider Mapsheets. Again, if you want to improve the allure of the game, provide new extra real-estate to fight over.

Then start expanding the available material for the Last War setting, leading up to the Factory States. Make Ogre into the Epoch it deserves.

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #19
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Hi, everyone! Time for some more market research!
  • A Kickstarter for a Mark VI and an Ogre-to-be-determined-by-survey.
Yes. And you best offer it at "Too Many Minis" quantities! It'd be a shame if some paint schemes have one and others don't...

• Battlefields - The expansion set containing LADs, Engineers, Vulcans, Ninja, maps G3 & S3, and more.
Yes. I'll probably end up getting between 2 and 4, depending on price point, long-term availability, and when a friend's finances stabilize.

• Nightfall - a campaign of linked scenarios
Bring it on! Scenarios are always welcome, especially when they tell a story / fit really well as convention events. One book, maybe two.

How many do we have to promise to buy to make this a given? Seriously, I have a LOT of plastic (along with paint scheme ideas) that won't have friends if these projects never come to pass. Personally, I'm in for whatever adds up to a "Too Many Minis" box...15 sets or 3 of each color on offer, whichever is greater...and probably a "player" level on the side, if a friend's situation doesn't improve by then.

---------

The one thing that keeps sticking in my craw is the map situation. With the new sets, we have to give the old hats some reason to contribute [as it'll never hit funding goals / etc without], but there are places where that leaves new guys in the cold...kind of a delicate dance. I'm personally set, but keep thinking back to new players.

With how much outpouring of support there is for "full-bodied GEV" for 6E, I would love for us to keep the momentum up enough for "Battlefields" to be the first in a 3-plus-pack of similar size and scope expansions...Battlefields [G3/S3, battlefield engineering, overlays, new cybertanks], GEV [G1/G2, buildings, trains, new cybertanks], and Shockwave [S1/S2, turrets/towers/crawlers/etc, new cybertanks].

Failing that, maybe we could get a run of G1/G2/S1/S2 on poster paper? (and after the release of Battlefields, G3/S3...don't want to cannibalize sales) I'd probably pick up a set or two just to have green maps at my FLGS/etc without having to lug the heavy chipboard green maps around, but I'm thinking more about new players here...the people who don't know GEV and Shockwave exist, who have their spiffy new copy of 6th Edition, maybe a copy of Reinforcements, and nothing to play on but the orange map.

--------------

I would love to see us keep the momentum up [though I imagine we're starting to plateau, if "Set 3" is a maybe...] long enough to complete all the standard units...PanEuro troops, Combine troops, all their Cybertanks, the utility units [LADs, Crawlers, Trains, etc], key buildings [turrets, towers, etc]...before moving on to new factions with unique tech bases [Nihon, China], odds and ends [Ogrethulhu], etc.

--------------

The "Ogre: The Last War" empire-management thing someone else mentioned sounds neat...but is gonna be pretty niche, that might be best served developed as a few Ogrezine articles first and seeing if it catches on, before committing a bunch of company resources to it...and would need both "Now go play an Ogre battle" and "Nah, just resolve it in abstract" rules.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #20
dwalend

Edit: Others have mentioned many of these through the day while I was jotting down ideas.

Sane, small:
  • More Ogrezine
  • Reprint Pocket Ogre
  • Pocket GEV
  • MKIs in plastic (as a wolf pack)
  • MKIIs and MKIIIbs in plastic (maybe that's the right pairing)

Sane, bigger:
  • Standard North American Combine units in plastic. (NAC GEVs look cooler.)
  • ODE-quality maps of G3 and S3
  • ODE-quality map of "the Big Lake" Steve hinted at a while back
  • The Assault Packs (They really need the master's hand to finish)

Crazy, small:
  • Annual Ogre Online double-elimination tournament
  • GiTD alternate color plastic minis - maybe orange - the full NAC line (Something like G12 orange if you can't get tritium.)

Crazy, big:
  • The Pacific Theater in a box - Nihon, China, Littoral Combat, and Sea Ogre (Maybe with the Big Lake map)
  • Overrun! as a game (maybe that's the same thing as Battlesuit with Action Figures)
  • A good global-strategy game. ("_Diplomacy_ with no secrets" might be a better starting point for factory states than Axis-and-Allies. Be sure it's good for generating scenarios)

Last edited by dwalend; 06-13-2018 at 03:44 PM.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote