Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-29-2021, 06:42 PM   #1
pmpappas

Default May the Touched by Cthulhu promo be used with the two new Cthulhu dice bags?

I ask because it appears a Munchkin could get deep into the weeds arguing pro or con.

In that vein, would you confirm the color of both old and new Cthulhu dice bags are defined solely by SJG?

Thanks!

"Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater." - Andrew Hackard
pmpappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 05:59 PM   #2
pmpappas

Default Re: May the Touched by Cthulhu promo be used with the two new Cthulhu dice bags?

In case anyone wonders why I'm asking, here you go. Skip it if you don't. ;-)

This card was originally released to promote and be used with two plush SJG Cthulhu-shaped dice bags, one mostly dark and light green designated green and one mostly purple and light green designated purple. Both are long out of print and to my knowledge were the only SJG Cthulhu dice bags available when the card was released.

Although the card pictures the green and purple plush Cthulhu-shaped dice bags, the card's rule text only requires you have an official SJG Cthulhu dice bag and says nothing about the style of the bag. The card provides a bonus for each color of Cthulhu Dice Bag you have.

Recently a drawstring Cthulhu dice bag was released in mostly green and yellow designated green, and scheduled for release is a drawstring Cthulhu dice bag in mostly purple and green designated purple.

To restate the question, May the two drawstring Cthulhu dice bags be used with the card, and if so is each of the four Cthulhu dice bags considered a separate color or are there two green and two purple bags?

I -think- I know the answers but it appears a munchkin could make arguments either way, with ample opportunity to get bogged down in the weeds. I hope to receive an official ruling so we may use the card correctly without the potential for a full blown argument.

Not to bias you, but I sense an opportunity to sell more dice bags. ;-)

"Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater." - Andrew Hackard

Last edited by pmpappas; 05-03-2021 at 05:48 PM.
pmpappas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cthulhu, dice bag, promo, touched