Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #21
Leynok

Default Re: Dice and Lives: Gurps Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelSammallahti View Post
I don't know, man, I've got a 4-year-old and a 2-year-old and one or the other has woken me up every single night since 2012. If I could just sleep for 50 years I would.

More seriously? I didn't specify this in the template, but in this campaign, sleeping for decades is something vampires just have an urge for. It's not that they get some kind of special benefit, it just feels good to them. It's also not worth any points, any more than random human instincts like having a sex drive or liking sweet flavors are. Of course, a human could have Lecherousness or Gluttony if a particular instinct is so strong it leads to trouble, and correspondingly a vampire character might have Compulsive Hibernating or something.

I'll get into the matter some more when I post about vampire psychology. Stay tuned, same bat-time, same bat-channel! :D

Of yeah, and I'm super happy to hear I've got a reader who wants to use some of my stuff in their own game. Let me know if you do!
Thanks for the answer, I'll keep an eye out for any new posts =)
I don't know how soon I'll be able to actually run a game using it, but I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Long hibernation would seem to have survival benefits. The chance of people believing in vampires, and therefore instituting mandatory naked noonday parades, is directly related to the frequency of vampire activity.
Didn't think of this, that's a good idea.
Leynok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #22
JoelSammallahti

Default Re: Dice and Lives: Gurps Content Posts (newest: Fight Analysis: Fellowship of the Ri

Back after a long hiatus. I put up a bit about my house rule for high ST:
https://diceandlives.wordpress.com/2...ules-strength/

I'll post another on Size Modifier today, and since my vampire campaign Sleepless Nights is starting up again, I'll be posting about that in a couple of days.
JoelSammallahti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:23 AM   #23
JoelSammallahti

Default Re: Dice and Lives: Gurps Content Posts (newest: Fight Analysis: Fellowship of the Ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelSammallahti View Post
Back after a long hiatus. I put up a bit about my house rule for high ST:
https://diceandlives.wordpress.com/2...ules-strength/

I'll post another on Size Modifier today, and since my vampire campaign Sleepless Nights is starting up again, I'll be posting about that in a couple of days.
SM post is up: https://diceandlives.wordpress.com/2...se-rules-size/
Old 04-26-2017, 09:31 AM   #24
JoelSammallahti

A new session report from Sleepless Nights, my vampire campaign. Starring a certain Vlad.

Tags
blogs