Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2005, 09:38 PM   #11
DryaUnda

Default Re: New Talents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsek
Just what do you think we biotech people do?
Perhaps the list works for technomancer (I just got the books so I don't know)
To be honest, I did create Fleshworker (I couldn't think of a better name, by the way) with polymaths and certain aliens (Mi-Go, Inyx, etc) in mind. I concede that the following Talent is more suitable for realism, such that congratulations are in order. :)

On a personal note, I am very much pro-biotech, so there's no need to feel threatened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsek
But more real world
Biotech scientist:
Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Genetics (aka Bioengineering), Research (or what ever you want to call the skill you use for all the digging through books, papers & computer sources we use) and a bonus to the field you currently work in (ie: physician for those who do cancer research, botany for those who do plant research, Vet for those who do animal research)
After looking at the second paragraph of the Research skill (4e p.247), I would surmise that the aforementioned skill is redundant; but not inappropriate. Furthermore, Biochemistry is subsumed into Biology. Everything else looks fine to me.

Tags
house rules, talents