Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
iamthehuman

Default Character sheet for Mac Numbers spreadsheet

So, not sure how many of you guys are Mac users, but the spreadsheet character sheets available for excel/google sheets have never worked well for me on Mac. So, I finally broke down and made one. I'd be happy to share it with anyone that needs/wants it.

What it handles:
Costs for all Basic and secondary stats. Adjustment for Gigantism also (just enter a 1 for gigantism). Calculates encumbrance, Basic thrust and swing. Has modifiers for lifting and striking strength built in. Calculates enhanced senses (taste, smell, touch, vision, hearing). Calculates Dodge, parry and block scores (you have to enter the "main block/parry skill level though, as there is no way to determine this roll without knowing which you prefer to use). Adds/subtracts the cost of advantages/disadvantages. You have to manually enter those costs yourself as well as the name of the advantage disadvantage. Due to the enhancement/limiter variables, I didn't feel like taking on the monstrous task of adding in all those tables.

It calculates your skill roll for skills and spells. There are separate sheets for mental, physical, HT/ST/PER based skills. You have to enter the difficulty (E, A, H, V), and what "level" of the skill you have. It will calculate the roll as well as the point cost. Has an option for bonuses from advantages (just put the total advantage bonus). If you happen to have a skill that requires multiple bonus scenarios, just duplicate the skill, and delete the cost after it calculates (or go into the formula and add a -X points at the end).

Spells calculate with the bonus from whatever level of magery/power investiture you have. Just have to enter it on the front page where prompted.

Also, calculates total weight carried as well as what our group calls "combat weight." Just enter a Y or N on an inventory item to state whether you carry it during combat. Those stats show on the front page too, as well as the inventory page.

I did include weight for coins. You can adjust those formulas or simply not use them (delete them from the final weight calculations).

I'm not a spreadsheet guru. I did a ton of experimentation and the "IF" function is a nightmare, so, if there are any miscalculations, let me know, or if you want to adjust further or request something, I'll see what I can do.

Also, how do I add this here? Dropbox/google drive link? Hahaha
iamthehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:47 PM   #2
Varyon

Default Re: Character sheet for Mac Numbers spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthehuman View Post
Also, how do I add this here? Dropbox/google drive link? Hahaha
I don't think there's a way for non-mods to attach files to posts, so you'd probably need to use some sort of file-hosting service or similar, yeah. That, or email it to those who request it.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:33 PM   #3
johndallman
Night Watchman

When you have it available, please post a link to it in this thread.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:59 PM   #4
Captain Joy

Quote:
Also, calculates total weight carried as well as what our group calls "combat weight." Just enter a Y or N on an inventory item to state whether you carry it during combat. Those stats show on the front page too, as well as the inventory page.
This is inspired.

I look forward to grabbing a copy once it becomes available.
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:04 PM   #5
tbone

Quote:
So, not sure how many of you guys are Mac users, but the spreadsheet character sheets available for excel/google sheets have never worked well for me on Mac.
I don't know why the Excel/Google Doc formats would work any better or worse on Macs, and haven't had any troubles myself, but I give a thumbs-up to your posting a Numbers version. (I'd have made one myself, but Laziness and all that.)

I don't know whether you're making use of it, but Numbers has one big differentiating feature that makes it an ideal choice for character forms: Instead of one big spreadsheet with columns and rows fixed throughout, Numbers uses a blank canvas with any number of individual spreadsheets arranged in any way, each with its own configuration of rows, columns, overall appearance, etc. So each section of a character form (Attributes, Skills, Gear, whatever) can have its own custom layout. (Not to apply pressure there; just saying that you could make a really awesome form. : )

For sharing, a Dropbox/Google Drive link sounds fine.

How about sharing it via iCloud, too, using the general "Collaborate with Others" feature? If my understanding is correct, anyone with the shared link could then view it online via web-based Numbers, using the usual Chrome/Safari/IE browsers. (You'd set the permissions to "make changes" or "view only", as you like.) But what I'm not sure of is whether they'd need an iCloud account to view it. (I don't think so.)

Anyway, looking forward to the finished form!

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:06 PM   #6
iamthehuman

So yes! I actually do know about having your own fields for Numbers, and that is HEAVILY used here. It might not be perfectly organized, but, it is definitely utilitarian. I think its well organized, but, maybe that's just for how I think about things. Anyway, here's a google drive link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nri...ew?usp=sharing

Absolutely give me feedback if something is messed up!
Old 07-18-2019, 12:22 AM   #7
iamthehuman

Oh, I forgot. I did not include stat mods for No fine manipulators and really rare mods like that since this is primarily for PCs. I rarely go in depth personally for NPC sheets (especially monsters). So, if enough people want it, I could add it but I didn't see much use in it.