Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
Onkl

Default Injury & Recovery Cheat Sheet

Hi guys

As per request in my Combat Maneuvers Cheat Sheet thread I threw together a Injury & Recovery Cheat Sheet. I hope you like what you see, let me know if you use it, report any errors or omissions you encounter and suggest worthwhile additions.

So here is the fruit of my labour:

UPDATED December 9 2017, 09:59 CET

Injury & Recovery Cheat Sheet 1.01
Injury & Recovery Cheat Sheet 1.01 eReader Version

Injury & Recovery Cheat Sheet 1.01 - InDesign Source File

To Do and Version History:
Spoiler:  

Cheers

Onkl

Last edited by Onkl; 12-09-2017 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Version 1.01
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
gruundehn

Default Re: Injury & Recovery Cheat Sheet

I just printed out a copy and so far it looks pretty good. I have but one complaint at this time. I AIN'T TWENTY YEARS OLD ANYMORE! The font is too small. Yes, I know you wanted to keep it on one sheet for each of the two parts but please have some sympathy for us old geezers who have bad eyes.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
vierasmarius

Quick note: Crushing attacks which fail to penetrate flexible armor cause 1 point of Blunt Trauma per 5 damage, not 1 per 10 like other damage types. Of course, you may not have room there to draw the distinction... there's a lot of info to fit on one page!

You also say that "Any single injury >HP/2, any crippling injury, hits to the eyes, skull, face or groin... which cause shock are called Major Wounds..." While any injury to the head (the above locations, plus ears and jaw) or vitals does cause potential Stun, they aren't Major Wounds. In fact, the penalty to resist Stun on a vitals, groin or face hit only applies if the location takes a Major wound (>HP/2). If they take less damage they trigger an unmodified Stun check (except apparently the male Groin, though I'd call that errata - based on first-hand experience.)

The sheet looks good! It's hard to remember all these things in-game.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
JCurwen3

One irritating condition to add for completeness' sake, which was first introduced on Supers, p. 25, and is also on Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, p. 21: Itching.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
Quick note: Crushing attacks which fail to penetrate flexible armor cause 1 point of Blunt Trauma per 5 damage, not 1 per 10 like other damage types. Of course, you may not have room there to draw the distinction... there's a lot of info to fit on one page!
Thanks

It now reads: if no penetration with cut, imp, any pi suffer 1 injury/10 dmg, cr = 1/5

Quote:
You also say that "Any single injury >HP/2, any crippling injury, hits to the eyes, skull, face or groin... which cause shock are called Major Wounds..." While any injury to the head (the above locations, plus ears and jaw) or vitals does cause potential Stun, they aren't Major Wounds. In fact, the penalty to resist Stun on a vitals, groin or face hit only applies if the location takes a Major wound (>HP/2). If they take less damage they trigger an unmodified Stun check (except apparently the male Groin, though I'd call that errata - based on first-hand experience.)
Thanks a lot, unfortunately, my english is not that good, so I have a hard time to understand the rules sometimes... I think I get what you are saying and rereading B420 made me see the mistake I made.

Now I have a hard time figuring out what to write :) Suggestions are welcome.

Quote:
The sheet looks good! It's hard to remember all these things in-game.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
One irritating condition to add for completeness' sake, which was first introduced on Supers, p. 25, and is also on Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, p. 21: Itching.
I'll see that I can squeeze that in there somewhere, gotta figure out the above first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruundehn View Post
I just printed out a copy and so far it looks pretty good. I have but one complaint at this time. I AIN'T TWENTY YEARS OLD ANYMORE! The font is too small. Yes, I know you wanted to keep it on one sheet for each of the two parts but please have some sympathy for us old geezers who have bad eyes.
I'm very sorry, but I currently don't have any plans to make a bigger font version. Why don't you just print it at a copy shop on a bigger paper sizes? That's how I use it.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Onkl

UPDATED September 21 2012, 00:24 CET

Injury & Recovery Cheat Sheet 1.01
Injury & Recovery Cheat Sheet 1.01 eReader Version

Injury & Recovery Cheat Sheet 1.01 - InDesign Source File

To Do and Version History:
  • vieramarius pointed out a flaw with crushing attacks and flexible armor and an error in the way i described knockdown is handled. I hope it is correct now.
  • Added itching irritating condition, had to incorporate Tipsy into "Drunk" to get the space needed.

Cheers

Onkl
Old 09-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
Aneirin

Just noted something that I think was in your previous manouvres list as well, not sure whether it is right or wrong.

For hits in the face or head, it says that knockdown and stunning rolls are at -5 or-10 (hit locations face etc get -5, skill gets -10)

I found it a bit misleading as it doesn't mention that it is only a major wound to these areas that causes the penalty.

As read, it could be read that any injury that causes a shock penalty (1 point of damage) causes knockdown and stunning at a -10, which would mean head shots would be guaranteed to knock people down and probably put them unconscious (due to failing by 5 or more)

maybe a little rewording to make it clear that any shock to the head or causes a knockdown and stunning roll, but only at -5 or -10 if a major wound was caused.
Aneirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:36 AM   #8
Captain Joy

In "I'm hit, what now?" #11, you say "Roll 1d or number of months it takes for the injury to heal fully". I think that "or" should be "for".
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:52 PM   #9
Onkl

Hey guys, thanks for you input. Below are my suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
Just noted something that I think was in your previous manouvres list as well, not sure whether it is right or wrong.

For hits in the face or head, it says that knockdown and stunning rolls are at -5 or-10 (hit locations face etc get -5, skill gets -10)

I suggest the following change:

[3] The skull gets an extra DR 2. Wounding modifier is ×4. If you suffer a major wound, Knockdown rolls are at -10. Critical hits use the Critical Head Blow Table (B556). Exception: These special effects do not apply to tox damage.

[4] Jaw, cheeks, nose, ears, etc. If the target has open-faced helmet, ignore DR. If Major Wound. Knockdown rolls are at -5. Critical hits use Critical Head Blow Table (B556). Cor damage gets a ×1.5 wounding modifier, and if it inflicts a major wound, it also blinds one eye (both eyes on damage over full HP). Random attacks from behind hit the skull instead. On front hit, roll 1d. 1 means skull [3] hit if attack is imp, pi, tbb. Otherwise it’s a nose hit [15].

Better? Clearer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joy View Post
In "I'm hit, what now?" #11, you say "Roll 1d or number of months it takes for the injury to heal fully". I think that "or" should be "for".
Thanks, that was a typo!

Cheers!
Old 12-08-2017, 10:02 PM   #10
mook

Hiya, Onkl!

The links all bring me to a "File Not Found - 404" page, I'm assuming because of changes Dropbox made earlier this year?
mook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheat sheet, damage, game aid, game aids, injury