Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:33 PM   #61
ColBosch

Default Re: Kickstarter - Ogre Miniatures Set 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
If you decide to only pledge 30, and then buy more stuff later via backerkit, that big number doesn't go up as far. Not good.
But it's still an option if you find you can spend more after the campaign. It won't count for stretch goals, but it will allow you to add to your order.

In a way, if the Kickstarter campaign is the "investment" stage, those that go on to use BackerKit enter a "preorder" phase.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:28 PM   #62
ParadoxGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
You can pledge $30 now and spend another $30 during the BackerKit survey, but only funds raised during the Kickstarter project count toward stretch goals.
Thank you for enlightening me on this. It was an area of confusion to me.
ParadoxGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #63
ParadoxGames

we're in what? Day 3? And we're already halfway to the second to the last goal ($55). I hope to donate another $30 when I have more money, now that I understand how it works (I never heard of BackerKit before this. I don't really do crowdfunding).
ParadoxGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:32 PM   #64
HunterS
Marketing Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxGames View Post
we're in what? Day 3? And we're already halfway to the second to the last goal ($55). I hope to donate another $30 when I have more money, now that I understand how it works (I never heard of BackerKit before this. I don't really do crowdfunding).
Welcome aboard, it's understandable to have questions. Crowdfunding is kind of an odd duck compared to retail sales. But we appreciate the support!
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:02 PM   #65
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxGames View Post
we're in what? Day 3? And we're already halfway to the second to the last goal ($55).
I see sure what you're saying, but that's generally not how it's referred to - the current total pledge amount is $27,789, which means we've hit the $25K stretch goal (and extra GEV mini in each box) and we're working towards the $30K one (and extra HVY mini in each box). You usually only talk about the next stretch goal in line, since the pledging pattern is rarely linear (typically you get a surge at the beginning, a surge at the end, and a more level growth in the middle - but not always :)). Also, the currently announced stretch goals cover up to a pledged total of $60K - assuming we get close to it, SJG will probably announce more goals (at least that's implied by the 'more to come...'). The stretch goals affect the contents of each box, but not the price (at least for KS backers - retail prices go up at the $40K and $60K goal levels because there's more in the box).

So your $30 will get you 1 box of minis - but everyone's combined total will influence how much extra stuff goes into that box. So when you pledge more, not only do you get more boxes of stuff, but you help collaborate with the rest of the backers to put more into each box.
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:30 AM   #66
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterS View Post
This. You don't get double stretch goals, but you do help us REACH further stretch goals by having your contributions go towards the overall goal.
I guess where I was getting to was I don't see a way that the KS would allow me to buy two sets up front other than creating another KS account, which in essence would double the stretch goals quantities.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:41 AM   #67
Mack_JB

No, if you want two sets, just fill in $60 when you pledge, and after the campaign ends, that $60 can be applied as two $30 items.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:16 AM   #68
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
I guess where I was getting to was I don't see a way that the KS would allow me to buy two sets up front other than creating another KS account, which in essence would double the stretch goals quantities.
Kickstarters aren't actually about buying things. They are about patronizing the production of things you want to buy.

Your pledge is just that, a pledge, and isn't buying anything at all up front.

You pledge an amount, and the amount you pledge is counted towards the goal (and stretch goals) if the total pledges reach the goals, you are charged for your pledge and your pledge then can be put towards any rewards or add-ons.

Backerkit is a third party that has started to become the default method for projects to communicate with backers about rewards and add-ons, after a project is funded.

Many projects now allow add-ons to be purchased with additional funds after the project concludes, but this isn't required and those funds are too late to contribute to the project goals.

If you want two sets the best way is to pledge $60 and select the $30 reward. Then when you get the survey (in December probably) you will have $60 in your Backerkit for this project which you can use to confirm the $30 reward and add the $30 add-on.

The reason that is the best way is that puts your pledge towards reaching goals and also your rewards and add-ons. If you wait for the Backerkit to add the extra funds, you aren't contributing them to the project.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 11-10-2016 at 08:21 AM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #69
wolf90

Thank you, offsides, Mack_JB and sir_pudding (and others here and elsewhere).

They are all correct in how this system works. The most advantageous option for everyone is for you to pledge what you desire now during the campaign. That way everyone benefits from your pledge as it helps move the total towards future goals, increasing the value of your (& everyone else's) pledge.

I am more than happy to discuss this further if you are still unclear on what you will be receiving for your money. Feel free to send me a message and we can chat.

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:42 PM   #70
mook

Thanks, all, for clarifying the "number of minis" questions earlier. It was very helpful, and made me decide to up my pledge to at least two sets.
mook is offline   Reply With Quote