Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-28-2012, 05:29 AM   #51
Harry O'Gane

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell IC - Group #2 -- Verisimilitude ho!

"'Tis a long story, and time is of the essence here. Let's say that I ended up here due to fallacious bureaucratic incompetence. Not my fault, per se."

He turns around and checks whether the two people who ended up on the wagon are geared up.

"I take it you're here for the same reason as I." Looking at Scurra: "Would you happen to be a wizard named Michelle?"
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #52
Epic Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
"Would you happen to be a wizard named Michelle?"
The Shadow Elf stood, as most characters tend to do at the beginning of a descriptive post (even the ones that should have come sooner), her toned form the very portrait of health and beauty, but upon closer examination a series of small scars were scattered across her hide, to anyone who knows the life, these would serve as clear marks of a warrior. She was five and a half feet tall with metallic blur hair cascading down her shoulders. It played well with her deep purple eyes. A fact often missed by those who saw her, even now that all her belongings were taken away by some invisible hand, she managed to maintain the makeup so sacred to her clan, frighting to some, and joyful to others.
Starting at her jaw line and sweeping up across her entire face and even her long elven ears, pure white face paint, a red slash of a grin ran from the corners of her mouth to partway across her cheeks. It matched the red dot that adorned the tip of her nose and off set the thick blue lines that ran vertically through her eyes.
The clown stood visibly impatient at the Double Halfling with her arms crossed and a pouting face, unashamed by her current state of undress. The annoyance instantly disappeared as she whipped around to answer Elmaeth.

"No, sorry" she shot an arm out in to offer a friendly handshake. "My name is Scurra, though professionally they call me Kandy. I entertain at parties when the circus is in town, in fact here, take a card"
She feigned at patting her body searching for a pocket
"Oh, right, I don't have them on me because somebody would rather stand and stare than get my things." these last words were aimed pointedly at the Ling. Her attention turned back to Elmaeth,
"And who might you be, besides fully clothed?"

Last edited by Epic Kobold; 08-28-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Epic Kobold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #53
Harry O'Gane

He noticed a bit too late that she was still not dressed, a fact that made him look a bit foolish:

"Uh..."

He thought about averting his sight, but instead, decided to look her straight in the eyes. He felt a bit of a headache, and his heart started pumping at a higher rate than usual. It was a rather awkward situation. Especially awkward if you include the fact that Scurra didn't feel a bit of remorse or shame at all. A witty comment at the end of her speech made it even more surprising.

Elmaeth reached out his hand to shake with hers, and managed to say:

"Sniper."

"SNIPER?!" He thought to himself. "That's the best you got?! Sniper?! Pleased to meet you is too old-fashioned?!"

He stood there, shaking her hand awkwardly long before he decided to let go.

He averted his sight and went on to look around and check his surroundings.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #54
Epic Kobold

"I grew up with a guy named Sniper. He could fling a cream pie like no one else, of course he was an Ogre, so that helped."
Old 08-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #55
ZmbeHntr

Erion quickly puts on his clothes when Tipsy brings his stuff back.

He explains, "I was sent back to my body with a mission. My name is Erion. I think the mission has something to do with all those angels chained up over there." He gestures at the tower.

He has pointedly avoided looking at Scurra and will continue to do so until she puts her clothes back on.
ZmbeHntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #56
Harry O'Gane

Erion's voice shakes Elmaeth back into reality.

"Ah, the angels. Yes. So, all of us ended up pretty harshly here. I am not interested in the details, but I guess it would be the best if we all put up with each other and worked as a team. I am aware that there happens to be a wizard that goes by the name of Michelle somewhere here in Hell. I have also been informed that we could get a lot of help from this persona, even though I am not a great fan of wizards in general. So, there's my piece of mind. ANyone else has something to contribute or are we gonna rush to this... prison on our own?"

He stood there with his bow in his hand, taking one of his normal arrows as well. He didn't seem nervous, but it is obvious that Scurra made quite an impression on him.

He turned to Tipsy:

"Say, Tipsy, you don't happen to know of any other "visitors" to Hell here besides you and us, do you?"
Old 08-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #57
ErhnamDJ

Here's what you all have been seeing this whole time:

The stone monolith stands at least a thousand feet tall. It is by far the tallest thing any of you have ever seen. Or even heard of. It makes the elves' redwoods look like blades of grass. It dwarfs the dwarves' mountains.

The base is a hundred feet wide, if not more.

It's a solid gray color and made of speckled stone. Inscribed uniformly across it, spread out by about two and a half feet, are small purple runes that glow a faint blue.

About twenty feet up from the ground a chain encircles the monolith. The links are obviously metal of some kind; they shine silver in the light. Each link is about three feet across, and about eight inches thick. These too have glowing magical runes, though in spirals around them, as though they were miniature versions of the monolith that were bent into links.

The chain goes all the way to the top of the monolith.

Thirty or so feet off the ground, you see the first angel. It's pressed tightly against the monolith by one of the links. The magical runes from the link look like they are sewn through its body. It is held in place, motionless. It's too far away for any of you to make out more than that.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:57 AM   #58
ZmbeHntr

Quote:
"Ah, the angels. Yes. So, all of us ended up pretty harshly here. I am not interested in the details, but I guess it would be the best if we all put up with each other and worked as a team. I am aware that there happens to be a wizard that goes by the name of Michelle somewhere here in Hell. I have also been informed that we could get a lot of help from this persona, even though I am not a great fan of wizards in general. So, there's my piece of mind. ANyone else has something to contribute or are we gonna rush to this... prison on our own?"
Erion says, "I agree. We should work together. The first thing I want to do is take a closer look as this giant monolith though."

After getting all of his things back in place, Erion begins moving toward the monolith. He begins walking up invisible stairs made of air until he reaches about 30 feet in the air, and then starts toward the first angel.
ZmbeHntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #59
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZmbeHntr View Post
After getting all of his things back in place, Erion begins moving toward the monolith. He begins walking up invisible stairs made of air until he reaches about 30 feet in the air, and then starts toward the first angel.
The angel is there, pressed against the gray stone. She is pale skinned with golden hair. She glows brightly, though you can hardly tell there in Hell. She wears a tattered white robe, extravagantly wrought with silver and gold gilding. It's soaked brown with dried blood.

You can see her bulging where the link presses into her body. The magical runes pierce her skin in hundreds of places. From some of the wounds, you can see a small trickle of blood. Everywhere that the magic touches, you see what can only be described as corruption. Her perfect skin is black. Bubbling brown evil burns into her.

She can't move. She tries, but she can't. The twisted runes hold her, like she's been run through with barbed wire. She looks almost like a tree that's grown over wire. It's embedded in her like that.

Her eyes are open. She tries to speak. You can see the runes ripping through her flesh, slicing her open and holding her motionless. Her eyes move. They plead with you. Tears begin to stream down her cheeks.

Last edited by ErhnamDJ; 08-29-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #60
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
"Say, Tipsy, you don't happen to know of any other "visitors" to Hell here besides you and us, do you?"
Tipsy walks over to the cart and pulls out a crude clay jug and takes a swig from it. "Depends whatchoo mean by 'visitor,'" he says. "I seen demons that ain't native to here." He looks up at the angels. "They ain't from 'round these parts neither. And I ain't got no idea where all the rats come from." He grabs the wrist of one of the corpses near the top of the pile. "I s'pose this fella," he rolls the corpse over a little ways, "I mean, this little lady could be here for a not-permanent stay."

He points off at the horizon. "They keep most of the souls thataway. They visitin'? Folks like us, you mean, acourse. I ain't aware of none. Don't mean there ain't any. If there is, they hidin' from old Tipsy. Guess they ain't got nothin' worth tradin'. I'm always lookin' for water, meat, potions, and anything the demons'll trade fer."

Tags
welcome to hell