Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #31
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: [Supers] Stat Wonder Woman

Superheroes are allowed hyperbole too. Or heck, maybe in that continuity, Hermes isn't as swift and Hercules isn't as strong as moderns think.

Even average looking people now would be amazing in any olden urban zone if only for not having disease caused scars and signs of childhood malnutrition.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #32
Anders

If Themyscira an independent country, why is she draped in the colors of Old Glory?
Old 05-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #33
Flyndaran
Untagged

To placate her new nation's gods. Very Roman-esque courtesy.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:20 PM   #34
Phantasm

Or those could be Themyscira's colors. After all, the UK and France also share red-white-and-blue in their own flags, though in different patterns. There's a few other three-bar flags in those colors, too, whose names escape me.

Besides, in the shots of the movie, her outfit looks to be more red-gold-and-blue.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:38 PM   #35
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
If Themyscira an independent country, why is she draped in the colors of Old Glory?
Because she's a spy. Honestly that was a Wonder Woman story I always wanted to see. The one in which the United States finally realized she was a foreign agent who had infiltrated the War Department on an intelligence mission and dressed like a flag to avoid suspicion of her mission to undermine the American Way of Life. I'm sure they would have had a sense of humour about that in the early days of the Cold War.
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #36
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
In the WW TV series with (sigh) Lynda Carter, they explicitly said it was a sign of respect and courtesy to the country she was being sent to help (and S1 of that show was punching Nazis for Old Glory, so it worked pretty well).
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:07 PM   #37
Refplace

I like the write up but have a few comments.
I would give her Charisma 2 as she is very good at motivational speeches and such. Speaking of which I would give her Public Speaking and Diplomacy.
In most versions she always struck me as very diplomatic, though sometimes suffering from a CF penalty.
Both skills would fit a classical Greek education.

I would drop the DR 100 and just go with the IT:DR but add Cosmic no minimum damage to it. Maybe DR 3 or 5 to avoid hurting her hands when she punches things.
And stat up her sword, shield, and bracelets.
Between the shield and bracelets she can counter most deadly attacks and the IT:DR lets her absorb what gets through rather well.
Edit: The movie one seems to have Wealth and its easy enough for someone who has been around as long a she has to accumulate it.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:17 PM   #38
vitruvian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason taylor View Post
Wouldn't anyone who claimed to be beautiful as Aphrodite, wise as Athena, swifter then Mercury, and stronger then Hercules have all of them ganging up on her?
Good thing it was never anything she claimed, but just something that the writers put in captions about her, then, eh?
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:22 PM   #39
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
Good thing it was never anything she claimed, but just something that the writers put in captions about her, then, eh?
Yeah as long as the Goddesses cant see through the Fourth Wall she should be ok there. Of course they have been known to punish people for others claiming such things for someone rather than one having the hubris to do it themselves.

But I like the Champion of the gods theme.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:24 PM   #40
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
Because she's a spy. Honestly that was a Wonder Woman story I always wanted to see. The one in which the United States finally realized she was a foreign agent who had infiltrated the War Department on an intelligence mission and dressed like a flag to avoid suspicion of her mission to undermine the American Way of Life. I'm sure they would have had a sense of humour about that in the early days of the Cold War.
I'm pretty darn certain that if King Jr. was considered an enemy of the American way of life in the 60s according to the FBI, then a champion of women's rights in WWII would be too.

Tags
superhero, supers, wonder woman