Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
Ragitsu
Banned

Default Re: Resident Evil Template

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elane Lewis View Post
Well right now I'm trying to figure out how to make the Cerberus just scary enough (Because by rights they should be.) without being so scary and mean that if you turn a corner into three of them it's time to write up new characters. I figure fairly high Strength, Decent Dex and Low IQ, as well as the normal dead things bonuses like "Injury Tolerance" as well as "Sharp Teeth" and Sharp or Blunt Claws. I really am amazed there's not a "Contagious" Add or Dis-Add.
That's the thing though: unless you make a T-Virus cure widely available, it doesn't matter how strong or how numerous you make the Cerberus, because one scratch is all it takes.

Anyways, ideas on creature creation...

You'll want to give them low HP to represent generally weakened body structure due to decay, but Injury Tolerance (Unliving) to represent the durability the infection creates in it's host. One good 9mm shot (head or "vitals") will do the job, or two-three normal shots. Fresher specimens may have more HP, of course.

If you want them to be clumsy attackers that really are a threat in packs, then Brawling-9 or 10 plus the Coordinated Attack option (GURPS Powers) will do the trick. Due to their ravenous hunger, they're probably less cautious than normal dobermans, and so I wouldn't crank up their Dodge score. Sharp Teeth and Blunt Claws seems about right.

I think they should retain Discriminatory Smell, but have less Acute Senses than normal. Given the environment they inhabit (wrecked cities), PCs should be able to construct urban camouflage to sneak by.
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #12
Humabout

I can offer up a Regenerator, Iron Maiden, and Verdugo. Aside from these, I'm not much use.

Zombie-wise, Intact Undead and Rotting Undead do a good job as zombies, for sure. Other than that, I'm not really sure what to say.

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #13
PPoS

Sure if you want I can make an pdf, just need some time though. Any monster requests ?
PPoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #14
Elane Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPoS View Post
Sure if you want I can make an pdf, just need some time though. Any monster requests ?
I'd happily take whatever monsters you've got, even the Gs. Even if I don't end up using them, it's a great thing to have around if the party starts having too easy of a time. I'm especially interested in the Licker, Tyrant and a Cerberus if you have them. Thank you so much!

Last edited by Elane Lewis; 06-11-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Elane Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #15
ronom

Yes, count me in too!
ronom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #16
PPoS

Screw the PDF, I'll post 'em here instead. Don't have any time to put into making one right now anyway.

The write-ups here are simple and to be used in combat, that means; no unnecessary details. Feel free to change them anyway you may see fit, I don't care what you do with them. This is how I used them. These creatures are based on Resident Evil games, NOT the (IMO) crappy movies, and follows original Resident Evil Lore.

T-Virus Zombie
Quote:
The T-virus kills and replaces mitochondrial organelles with a replica of itself. The virus then combines with other cells to produce energy. The energy produced is just enough to power the motor neurons and the basic lower brain functions. Not only that, but this bypasses the entire circulatory system, which makes the heart and lungs redundant systems that can be disposed of. The reanimated host body is then left with the intense need to feed in order to replenish energy supplies without having to sacrifice its own tissue. Actions taken by the host in this time period greatly resemble that of "zombies" depicted in horror movies, and are thus dubbed by that name.

Should the human host be alive at the time of T-virus infection, all higher brain functions are destroyed. This leaves only the telencephalon, better known as the cerebrum, to govern behaviour. This leaves the infected host with a very animalistic behaviour. As the virus spreads, it damages the hypothalamus. This produces a massive flood of neurotransmitters, enzymes, and hormones such as norepinephrine and dopamine. These effects, combined with the painful symptoms of the infection, induce a psychotic rage, persistent hunger, and increased aggressiveness in those infected.

It is possible that Zombies consume living tissue in order to repair their bodies. Nutrients from a newly deceased victim may aid the Zombies body, allowing reproduction of the reanimated tissue. The repairing of the body may reactivate the brain. A zombie will pursue its target until it is rendered immobile by blood loss, decapitation or complete destruction of the brain. Not being able to feel pain, a zombie can resist several gunshots from a typical 9mm handgun before falling down, but can be easily killed with either a well-aimed shotgun blast to the head or a high-caliber magnum revolver. Thankfully, due to the necrosis throughout their bodies and the degradation of their nervous system, zombies move very slowly and awkwardly, leading to their signature shuffling gait and their easily avoided lunges.

Quoted from: http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Tyrant_virus
Attributes
ST 11; DX 6; IQ 4; HT 5

Secondary Characteristics
Perception 10; Will 10; HP 11; FP 5; Basic Speed 2.75; Basic Move 2;
Dodge 5, BL 24, Damage 1d-1/1d+1

Advantages
Injury Tolerance (Unliving), Injury Tolerance (No Vitals)*

Disadvantages
Berserk**

Skills
Brawling (10) - Bite Damage 1d-2 cr

Variants
Soldiers, Police Officers etc could have HT and ST+1 while Scientists could optionally have IQ+1 and ST-1. To make tougher zombies, add DR 1 (Physical Only).

Notes
*The zombies still have a heart and lungs but they have been made redundant by the T-Virus, therefore they will not take any extra damage for hits to the vitals.
** The T-Virus induces a heightened aggressiveness and a psychotic rage in its victims. The victims are also unable to feel pain from injuries.

T-Virus Zombie Tactics
The T-Virus zombies will move as quickly as possible towards the target. Once it is close enough, it will try to grapple the victim. Once a grapple has been established; it will try to bite the target (preferably in the throat).

The T-Virus
Anyone in contact with a bearer of the T-Virus (body fluids, bites etc) must succeed with a roll against HT-6 or become a zombie within 1d/2 days (should not an antidote be administered).
Old 06-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #17
PPoS

Crimson Head Zombie
Quote:
When a zombie has been incapacitated for some time, a process occurs in which the T-virus will begin to run rampant through its systems, initiating a system known as V-ACT, more commonly known as a Crimson Head due to the colour of its skin when in this state. When this occurs, the blood begins pumping at an alarming rate, causing noticeable blood seepage in the skin and giving it a dark crimson color. The subject's fingers and toes also develop sharp claws as well as having an increased muscle mass. The subject's level of aggression has also greatly increased from that of the typical zombie. When it has entered this state, virtually nothing will stop it from pursuing its prey. The Crimson Head even jumps at its victim due to an increase in blood-lust. If the Crimson Head is left active, it will eventually continue to transform into a Licker.

A Crimson Head attacks with much force, running after its prey. It runs in a hunter-like posture. It has been known to even kill zombies and other creatures that get in its way. It will sometimes bite causing minor damage or when it gets the chance it will swipe with its large claws causing massive damage. The original prototype, the Crimson Head Elder, killed many researchers during its observations.
A zombie can be prevented from turning into a Crimson Head by either destroying the head or it's kneecaps while it is still active, or burning the body.

Quoted from: http://residentevil.wikia.com/
Attributes
ST 14; DX 10; IQ 5; HT 12

Perception 10; Will 10; HP 14; FP 12; Basic Speed 5.5; Basic Move 5;
Dodge 8, BL 39, Damage 1d/2d

Advantages
Injury Tolerance (Unliving), Injury Tolerance (No Vitals)*, Claws (Sharp), DR 1

Disadvantages
Berserk**

Skills
Brawling (12) - Bite Damage 1d-1 cr, Punch 1d-1 cut

Notes
*The zombies still have a heart and lungs but they have been made redundant by the T-Virus, therefore they will not take any extra damage for hits to the vitals.
** The T-Virus induces a heightened aggressiveness and a psychotic rage in its victims. The victims are also unable to feel pain from injuries.

Crimson Head Zombie Tactics
The Crimson Head zombie is fast and much more dangerous than the ordinary zombie! It will run towards its target and slash it with its claws. If it comes close enough it will grapple and bite the target.

Last edited by PPoS; 06-11-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #18
PPoS

Cerberus
Quote:
The MA-39 Cerberus is a B.O.W. created in Umbrella Chemical, Inc. labs - such as the Arklay Research Facility - from a Doberman injected with the T-Virus. It was given the development code of MA-39, (a similar code to that of the Hunters).

Although suffering from a similar necrosis to human's infected by the T-Virus, (Zombies) Cerberus retain much of their former agility, with a noticeable increase in durability and aggression. In most cases, potential prey should listen for the sound of padding paws as a clue to their presence, with a growling warning that a Cerberus has become aware of the player and is preparing to attack.

Attributes
ST 13; DX 11; IQ 4; HT 10

Perception 12; Will 10; HP 13; FP 10; Basic Speed 5.25; Basic Move 7;
Dodge 8, BL 34, Damage 1d/2d-1

Advantages
Injury Tolerance (Unliving), Injury Tolerance (No Vitals)*, Claws (Blunt), Teeth (Sharp), Night Vision 5

Disadvantages
Berserk**

Skills
Brawling (11) - Bite Damage 1d-1 cut

Notes

Cerberus Tactics
The Cerberus will try and pounce (B.372) its target, hopefully bringing it to the ground. It will then use its sharp teeth to subdue its victim.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #19
Ragitsu
Banned

I'd give Crimson Heads some DR: they are far more durable than their shuffling brethren.
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #20
PPoS

MA-121 Alpha Hunter
Quote:
The Hunter α (alpha) was regarded as the first fully functional and marketable scratch-built B.O.W. created by Umbrella. It is created by combining reptilian DNA with a human embryo and administering the t-virus as a bonding agent. They possessed the limited capability to follow orders and possessed a reasonable level of intellect. In combat, they were both ruthless and vicious, relentlessly pursuing their prey until either they or it is dead. The first Alpha model was developed by Albert Wesker and William Birkin within the research facility under the Spencer estate in the Arklay Mountains. Despite the productive results of the Alpha, research continued in new models for the Hunter, resulting in several different models that would appear in the future.

Attributes
ST 17; DX 14; IQ 5; HT 13

Perception 12; Will 10; HP 17; FP 13; Basic Speed 6.75; Basic Move 6;
Dodge 10, BL 58, Damage 1d+2/3d-1

Advantages
Claws (Sharp), Teeth (Sharp), Extra Attack, Combat Reflexes, DR 2, NV 6

Disadvantages
Berserk**

Skills
Brawling (13) – Bite 1d+1 cut, Punch 1d+1 cut
Stealth (12)
Jumping (13)

Notes
* I guess this goes for the Hunter as well since it has been injected with the T-Virus. However, if it would become too powerful; remove berserk and add High Pain Threshold instead.

MA-121 Alpha Hunter Tactics
The MA-121 Hunter will also try to pounce (B.372) its target. Once it is close enough, it will slash the victim with its sharp claws. Be aware: the Hunter is a potent and lethal combatant; use it wisely!

Last edited by PPoS; 06-11-2009 at 04:17 PM.

Tags
game, resident evil