Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #221
ZmbeHntr

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Hold on there, guys. I'm working through the enemies' turns. Do you want me to switch to doing both groups in single batches? It will be faster, but more deadly.
I thought you said we all got turns before any of the enemies. How did the wolf get to go before us?
ZmbeHntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #222
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZmbeHntr View Post
I thought you said we all got turns before any of the enemies. How did the wolf get to go before us?
Everyone acted. Since you didn't post, I said you were stunned from fright. We can say you took a Wait, though.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #223
ErhnamDJ

Well, Epic Kobold hasn't logged in since September, so I guess I'll be NPCing two characters.

My blog.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #224
ZmbeHntr

Hopefully 32 impaling damage to the wolf with a x4 multiplier is enough to kill it.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #225
momothefiddler

Quote:
That only gives a -3 to vision rolls, not to ranged attacks.

You also got the attribute bonus and Bless spell, so don't forget those.
If vision rolls don't include ranged attacks, I'm not sure what that term means. Is that vision-based Per rolls?

And I'd assumed I didn't get the bonus/spell because I wasn't around when it happened. If I do, though, that's great, especially because it makes the attack a (probable) critical hit. I'll put the +5 in Plant Form Other.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #226
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
Is that vision-based Per rolls?
Yep.

Quote:
And I'd assumed I didn't get the bonus/spell because I wasn't around when it happened. If I do, though, that's great. I'll put the +5 in Plant Form Other.
All right.

My blog.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #227
ZmbeHntr

Quote:
OOC: I just noticed you were doing a four attack Rapid Strike. I'm going to limit Rapid Strike to the regular two attacks. I'll let you change your action if you want.
Why limit it to 2 when you are allowing all the techniques from MA? Or are you banning combination attacks too (which frequently have more than 2 attacks)?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #228
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Why limit it to 2 when you are allowing all the techniques from MA?
Because it's not a technique. It more drastically alters the game than any of those and the DF templates aren't built around using it. I don't think it would be fair to our Holy Warrior, either. And I haven't built my enemies around using it either. Plus it turns Extra Attack into a bum deal.

My blog.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #229
ZmbeHntr

I disagree that it alters the game drastically. The DF templates are built as extremely cinematic templates and as such mesh really well with it. I fail to see how it is unfair to the Holy Warrior. If he had a high enough skill he could attempt a high level multi-strike as well (Weapon Master would help too). Enemies wouldn't have to be modified, if they had high skill levels before they could easily make lots of attacks. Extra Attack is a bum deal as listed. Unless you add in the modifier Multi-Strike it is utterly useless to almost every template. And for the 30 points that will cost you there are a lot better options in DF 11.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #230
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Extra Attack is a bum deal as listed. Unless you add in the modifier Multi-Strike it is utterly useless to almost every template.
In DF, Extra Attack is assumed to have Multi-Strike and Single Skill (or whatever it's called).

My blog.

Tags
welcome to hell