Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 11-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
ISNorden

Default [heretical] New Corporeal Discord for Gray Celestials

(In a more traditional campaign, this could also work as a disadvantage for Gorgon characters--human/ethereal crossbreeds.)

Domain-Branded

A Gray Celestial with this Discord always shows some physical trait(s) typical of native ethereals in the domain where he's chosen to serve. The higher the level of Discord, the more marked those traits become. For instance, the vessel of a Gray bound to the Simpsons universe might have fewer fingers and toes, yellowish skin, or roundish goggly eyes at level 1 of Domain-Branded. At higher levels, more typical features appear--until the Gray's vessel looks like a perfect caricature of the natives at level 6. (The vessel always remains three-dimensional, so a Gray who gets Branded/6 by a 2-D cartoon domain just takes on cartoon-like proportions and coloration in the Corporeal.)

This Discord inspires mortal reactions similar to Discolored (as described in the Core Rules); only an obsessive fan will find it easy to like Domain-Branded characters. At levels above 1 or 2, the Gray will find maintaining a "normal" job and social life very difficult; his Role will probably involve work at a theme park, movie studio, or similar dedicated place.

Obviously, this Discord cannot develop if the Gray's ethereal home has no unusual-looking natives: a fictional world based on realistic novels, or a mythical world whose inhabitants take the form of real-life species. Worlds with a mixture of realistic and fanciful natives can afflict Domain-Branding on those who Defect, though. (A Gray attracted to the Star Trek setting might begin to resemble a Vulcan or Klingon in corporeal form.)
Old 12-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
Acolyte

Default Re: [heretical] New Corporeal Discord for Gray Celestials

This could also apply to canonical Ethereals from the EPG as a Disadvantage that isn't strictly Discord.

Points/level for Grays?
Old 12-31-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
ISNorden

Default Re: [heretical] New Corporeal Discord for Gray Celestials

You've got a point about true Ethereals being Domain-Branded as a disadvantage...I'm assuming the same point bonus per level as Discolored, but the core rules don't list bonus values for Discords. Where should I look?

Tags
corporeal discord, discord, gray celestials, heretical