Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 02-08-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
cptbutton

Default Maximum Choir Attunements - 19?

What is the most Choir Attunements a Servitor can get?

In theory, all 7 Attunements from their Superior and 12 more, their Choir Attunement from each other Superior, so 19?

Assuming their Superior doesn't have any Restricted Choir Attunements for the other Choirs.

I haven't checked the possible combinations to see if any duck all the restrictions.

And you could in theory get all the Servitor Attunements from all the Superiors on your side, right?

Of course talking the Superiors into giving them to you may prove, umm, difficult.
cptbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Maximum Choir Attunements - 19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
What is the most Choir Attunements a Servitor can get?

In theory, all 7 Attunements from their Superior and 12 more, their Choir Attunement from each other Superior, so 19?

Assuming their Superior doesn't have any Restricted Choir Attunements for the other Choirs.

I haven't checked the possible combinations to see if any duck all the restrictions.

And you could in theory get all the Servitor Attunements from all the Superiors on your side, right?

Of course talking the Superiors into giving them to you may prove, umm, difficult.
1) In theory, if the Superior had no restrictions on any Choir attunement, you could have 8 from your own Superior -- the basic seven, plus the Bright Lilim attunement.

2) Canonically, a PC Servitor can choose from among 17 Archangels -- the 13 in the main book, plus the four added via supplements: Litheroy, Christopher, Zadkiel, Khalid. So that makes 16 available besides your own.

So 16+8=24 Choir attunements that an angel could theoretically have. Add in Servitor attunements and Distinctions, and things can get really wild.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
cptbutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
So 16+8=24 Choir attunements that an angel could theoretically have. Add in Servitor attunements and Distinctions, and things can get really wild.
For Upper Heaven's sake, just get a Word already!
Old 02-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #4
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
2) Canonically, a PC Servitor can choose from among 17 Archangels -- the 13 in the main book, plus the four added via supplements: Litheroy, Christopher, Zadkiel, Khalid. So that makes 16 available besides your own.
I hate to throw off the calculations, but somebody has to ask. How many of those Archangels have been around long enough to have Grigori attunements?
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #5
cptbutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
I hate to throw off the calculations, but somebody has to ask. How many of those Archangels have been around long enough to have Grigori attunements?
If you are old enough, a servitor could also have Attunements from dead, missing, or Fallen/Redeemed Superiors.

But that would be just silly. 8-)}
Old 02-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #6
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Twelve of the 17, I think. The five who became Archangels after the "second Fall" would have been Christopher, Khalid, Laurence, Litheroy and Zadkiel.

(Litheroy was around when the Grigori were Outcast-- heck, he was one of the ones who found out what was really going on with the Eighth Choir -- but he didn't become a Superior until after the incident.)

Old 02-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #7
Whitelaughter

Quote:
If you are old enough, a servitor could also have Attunements from dead, missing, or Fallen/Redeemed Superiors.

But that would be just silly. 8-)}
There is a canonical NPC Servitor of Light, with shedloads of attunements in Liber Castellorum...presumably including the original attunements of Light....
Whitelaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #8
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelaughter View Post
There is a canonical NPC Servitor of Light, with shedloads of attunements in Liber Castellorum...presumably including the original attunements of Light....
I knew if this went on long enough, someone would make Light of it. ;)

Old 02-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #9
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Lucifer has been known to grant Attunements to angels foolish enough to accept them.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #10
Jason

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the Superiors with write-ups are just the most powerful and/or politically active. I always thought that implied there were other, even more minor Archangels out there, somewhere...
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attunements, munchkining, servitors, superiors