Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #16
Clipper

Default Re: rule clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Snazzy! Though I don't know how often I have a Hireling sitting in my hand when I've got none on the table, so this will probably never come into play for me. ;-)
Hmm, I just had a thought that might make what I just said not work, though. While you can definitely play any Hireling during combat, you might not be able to give a Big Item to it. This is probably seen as switching Items during combat, which isn't allowed by the rules.

If I'm correct, that means the only Hireling that could save your Big Item is the Gnome Hireling, as it allows you to carry an extra Big Item. You might just have an extra one in your hand if you already had a different Hireling in play, which you can replace with the new one (or perhaps you had one that was just killed and was carrying the extra Big Item you are trying to save).

Last edited by Clipper; 11-29-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big items, charity