Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #21
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: Sun and Moon Talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dragon View Post
That said, "only while asleep" would be essentially 1/3 of the time, giving it a base value of -25% as an Accessibility limitation. I would be tempted to give an extra -5% due to not being ever used while the character is active, which seems somewhat more constraining for (some) abilities than if the ability was active for the same amount of time, but while the character was also active. Then again, that might be too generous when you consider that a person can often get extra sleep.
The reference to the Accessibility table from Powers is valid, but note that it's often best to judge such modifiers on a case-by-case method, in relation to the trait they are being applied to. I covered most of the same bases in this old post.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #22
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
Get it on a discount, though, because while it's alright to strip mine for ideas, the rest of it's crap.
Let's agree on it's use as a strip mine. For although I prefer GURPS, I enjoy White Wolf too.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #23
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

To make certain things more clear... Each power should be lengthy and it needs to be concentrated. The Amaterasu would be a short-range Burning Death and something else. Tsukuyomi needs to be short range "hypnosis" as well as the short-range "healing slumber" whih has been roughly modeled already. The powers are extended by concentration. I'm still looking for Susanoo ideas.
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #24
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Talents are essentially just skill bonuses with some reaction bonus or other minor bonus.
Not Power Talents (although Talents can double as Power Talents) which is what the OP seems to be talking about.

I'm not really sure what the OP is asking for. The cost of a power talent depends on how many abilities are in the power. You need to decide that first or better just list the abilities in the power and then set the power talent cost based on that.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #25
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Not Power Talents (although Talents can double as Power Talents) which is what the OP seems to be talking about.

I'm not really sure what the OP is asking for. The cost of a power talent depends on how many abilities are in the power. You need to decide that first or better just list the abilities in the power and then set the power talent cost based on that.
Well, for the most part, I dropped the Talents idea and I'm looking for Powers now.

Amaterasu I: Short-range Burning Death (Magic, pg. 76).
Amaterasu II: Short-range fiery defense.
Tsukuyomi I: Short-range hypnosis-type Affliction.
Tsukuyomi II: Short-range "healing slumber" Affliction.
Susanoo: No idea yet.

Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi are meant to be short-ranged, require concentration, and have the backlash of the One Eye disadvantage or the Blindness disadvantage if used together. They could easily have limitations like Takes Recharge or Limited Use on top of that. None of these powers have been built and polished yet. These five abilities are being built for a 255 (including disadvantages) point character.
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moon, powers, sun, talents