Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 10-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
naraht

Default Calabim and the Game question

As far as I can tell, standard Calabites must at fledging have Discord equal to Forces in one of the three areas. However consider the following two Calabites:

Arcad fledged with 2 Corp forces, 1 Ethereal and 4 Celestial and Stigmata/2. Arcad was later given another Ethereal Force by his superior.

Brenzo fledged with 1 Corp force, 2 Ethereal and 4 Celestial and Stigmata/1
Brenzo was later given another Corporeal Force by his superior.
Brenzo also ended up with 3 notes of Dissonance which he converted to an additional level of Stigmata.

So now Arcad and Brenzo are both 2 Corp, 2 Ethereal, 4 Celestial and Stigmata/2, but Brenzo is in more trouble with the Game (and theoretically with his superior), right?
naraht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
Methariel

Default Re: Calabites and the Game question

I don't have my books at hand, but does the Game take as dim a view towards Discord as Judgment does? I thought, officially, they've only got problems with Dissonance and "angelic" Discords like Merciful or Selfless. I believe that, e.g., being Murderous is completely fine with the Game.

Although, if you just p*** this Balseraph of the Game off, he'll probably view any Discord you hold as a proof of "insufficient commitment to the cause of Hell" and will try to get you arrested...

M.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: Calabim and the Game question

The Game really only cares about Discord that was gotten via dissonance, as dissonance is either betrayal of a Prince's Word (and thus Hell), or rank incompetence in demonicness -- and the "angelic" Discords, which force demons to act in ways that, if they became internalized habits, could provoke a treasonous attempt to change sides.

And, as said, ticking off a Gamester does tend to result in the Gamester twisting the Rules...

(This is where I shill the Asmodeus PDF, right?)
Old 10-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
naraht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
The Game really only cares about Discord that was gotten via dissonance, as dissonance is either betrayal of a Prince's Word (and thus Hell), or rank incompetence in demonicness -- and the "angelic" Discords, which force demons to act in ways that, if they became internalized habits, could provoke a treasonous attempt to change sides.

And, as said, ticking off a Gamester does tend to result in the Gamester twisting the Rules...

(This is where I shill the Asmodeus PDF, right?)
So the game would care more about Brenzo (since he did get Discord due to dissonance) than Arcad, but can't tell the difference...
naraht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:06 AM   #5
Methariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
So the game would care more about Brenzo (since he did get Discord due to dissonance) than Arcad, but can't tell the difference...
...and thus probably will haul up both to interrogate them. Thoroughly.

By the way, the Asmodeus .pdf is - in my humble opinion - brilliant. Although the canon description of Asmodeus really gave me the creeps. In every other Prince described so far there seemed to be at least a slightly redeeming feature. With that Djinn, that's not the case. (But that's probably why it ranks among my most favourite IN-supplements.)

I just wonder how terrible Kronos must be, who - in Word and outlook - is even darker than the Game itself. If you get authors of the same quality for him as you did for Asmodeus, I'll probably wonder about the futility of all ambition in life after reading it.

With best regards,

M.

Tags
asmodeus, calabim, calabite, game