Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-03-2023, 05:08 AM   #11
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: GURPS Heart Corps, ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embassy of Time View Post
I did always have an eye out for this. It's from a webcomic by the illustrators of GURPS IOU, right?
The Girl Genius comic might be more accurately described as the main work of the team that illustrated IOU as a side gig. GURPS Girl Genius is available in PDF at Warehouse 23.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embassy of Time View Post
That's a big one, any good place to start or just page 1?
Page 1. The whole run is a single story.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 10:40 AM   #12
thorr-kan

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
The Girl Genius comic might be more accurately described as the main work of the team that illustrated IOU as a side gig. GURPS Girl Genius is available in PDF at Warehouse 23.
Also available at Print on Demand!

GURPS Discworld might have some good advice on wackiness, narrative causality, and how not everything is combat.
thorr-kan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 03:09 AM   #13
Embassy of Time

Girl Genius and Discworld are definitely on my radar now, thanks for the suggestions!

However, I can't get benz72's list out of my head. I think this Quick Random Weirdness could be a great part of the game. So I'm going to edit the OP later to ask not just for 'bigger' ideas, but also for more QRW one-liners like that. To kick things off, I'm thinking (A) slightly odd people seen in the aisles of Heart Corps' shopping center (think Warehouse 23 / Walmart), be they customers, employees or 'other', or (B) slightly(?) odd products found for sale at the same place. Other suggestions are welcome, I just like the list format idea!

EDIT: Just for kicks, I asked an AI chatter thingie to make lists. A bit tame, but good inspiration, maybe? Here's the convo:
Quote:
write a list of ten really weird people I might meet at the secret Illuminati shopping mall!

A conspiracy theorist who believes the mall is run by aliens.
A wealthy businessman who thinks he's a vampire.
A person in a full-body suit made of tin foil, claiming to protect themselves from government mind control.
An individual claiming to be a time traveler from the future.
A person carrying a pet alligator in a baby stroller.
An eccentric fashion designer who only wears outfits made of candy.
A fortune teller who communicates with the dead through a ouija board.
An individual who claims to be a prophet sent by a higher power to spread a message to the masses.
A person who only speaks in rhyming couplets.
An individual who believes they are the reincarnation of a famous historical figure.

Make a list of ten even weirder people I might meet there!

A person who communicates only through interpretive dance.
An individual who claims to be able to communicate telepathically with inanimate objects.
A person who always wears a giant paper mache mask, never revealing their face.
An eccentric scientist who believes they have discovered a way to turn invisible.
A person who collects and wears taxidermied animal heads as hats.
An individual who insists on always being carried by six assistants.
A person who only speaks in ancient languages, like Latin or Sanskrit.
An eccentric artist who uses their own body as a canvas, painting it in unusual and striking patterns.
A person who thinks they're a cat and spends their days meowing and licking their fur.
An individual who claims to have discovered a way to bend space and time and insists on demonstrating it in public.

Make an even weirder list, please!

A person who claims to have the ability to predict the future through tarot cards, but only while standing on their head.
An individual who insists on carrying a pet rock around and treating it like a live animal.
A person who thinks they're a superhero and performs vigilante acts in the mall.
An eccentric collector who only buys items made of jelly.
A person who communicates exclusively through bird calls.
An individual who walks around in a giant hamster wheel, powered by their own feet.
A person who thinks they're an elf from a different dimension and insists on speaking in a made-up language.
An eccentric gardener who believes that plants have personalities and tries to have conversations with them.
A person who always wears a mask of their favorite cartoon character and insists on speaking in the character's voice.
An individual who thinks they're a ghost and spends their time haunting various stores in the mall.
I asked it to describe the gardener who talks to plants a bit more, but the result was a bit too generic. AI is not entirely ready to be weird, but there are some amusing results to be had!

Last edited by Embassy of Time; 02-04-2023 at 03:39 AM.
Embassy of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 01:44 PM   #14
Embassy of Time

I think I am going to make an experiment with chat AIs, to see if they can give some threads to pull on. I will make another thread when I know how to proceed, but any ideas are welcome even now!
Embassy of Time is offline   Reply With Quote