Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-13-2022, 05:17 AM   #1
scc

Default A Catalouge Of Silly Perks

So I was working through some stuff for a template earlier today and I came up with a Perk, a rather silly Perk. And I thought the best way to share it with people is to start this thread for people to post other silly Perks.

So to start us off here's what I came up with:
Perky Breasts
Your breasts are not subject to the ravages of time and will not sag or otherwise decay. If large and unrestrained they likely jiggle and bounce with abandon.

Yeah, it's that sort of thin, and it came to me while I was mulling over what would go into a Green Skinned Space Babe template and it's probably more of a Feature then a Perk, but with that name you really have to make it a Perk, just for funsies.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 12:14 PM   #2
Varyon

Default Re: A Catalouge Of Silly Perks

Eh, Perks can give small, situational benefits, so maybe say the jiggle can sometimes make it easier to distract foes. Say, against any foe with Lecherousness (and that finds females attractive), Feints and Ruses are at +1 unless the foe makes a Self Control roll.

Of course, the title of the thread made me immediately think of one:

Lysdexic Dog: Anytime you accidentally swap letters in a word, nobody reading it will notice the misspelling - and neither will search engines and the like. At the GM's option, this negates -1 worth of penalties for Haste for some tasks - such as Writing or Research - so long as said GM agrees not needing spellcheck would be helpful.
Old 07-13-2022, 01:23 PM   #3
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Perk: "Can have 6 Quriks." As a leveled Perk.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 01:51 PM   #4
agentdenton
Banned

Better to belch and taste it. The character can at will porduce a monstrously loud and sustained belch. It is loud enough to fill a typical room and lasts 3+d3 seconds. Can cover or distract attention from various sounds, such as a suppressed gunshot or could 'ruin' another person's dramatic moment or speech.

Leveled advantage, each level adds 1 belch a day.
agentdenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:54 PM   #5
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
I thought that was a quirk worth +1 points (as opposed to the usual -1 point).
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:19 AM   #6
weby

Master of hats: Always have an appropriate hat for any given situation.
Old 07-14-2022, 07:02 AM   #7
malloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Eh, even a silly perk ought to do something extra. Paying a point (and using a perk slot if you are enforcing limits on them) for a trait everyone already has isn't silly, it's outright abusing your players.

Though I guess a lot of people do overlook the reason. The rules don't actually restrict the number of quirks or disadvantages you can have, only how many points you can claim for taking them. Maybe they should, and I as GM may very well veto too long an additional list if there isn't a really solid theme that will make it easy to remember. But for quirks especially characters that have been properly played for a long time often end up with a long list of personality traits and bits of background that would've been valid quirks at the start, but don't get any points for them.
Old 07-14-2022, 07:07 AM   #8
malloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
Yeah, it's that sort of thin, and it came to me while I was mulling over what would go into a Green Skinned Space Babe template and it's probably more of a Feature then a Perk, but with that name you really have to make it a Perk, just for funsies.
It just needs the standard mechanic of a sexy feature to be a good perk - a situational +1 bonus to Reaction or Sex Appeal rolls against characters who reasonably should, or have been preestablished to, like perky breasts. Given how [common] that is, it might even be a bit overpowered.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:00 AM   #9
clu2415

Dad hands: your hands can substitute for a rubber mallet and your fingernails work as a passable flat head screwdriver.
clu2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:54 PM   #10
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
It just needs the standard mechanic of a sexy feature to be a good perk - a situational +1 bonus to Reaction or Sex Appeal rolls against characters who reasonably should, or have been preestablished to, like perky breasts. Given how [common] that is, it might even be a bit overpowered.
Honestly I think it might be covered better if it modeled after Extreme Sexual Dimorphism, i.e. +1 to Sex Appeal all the time, +1 to recognition, -1 to Disguise & Shadowing.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote