Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 06:44 AM   #271
Anh-Dalan

Default Re: List of all promo cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_wilton View Post
Re: Promos...

Yes, I think you guys are correct, I've not fully understood what constitutes a promo. So, for example "Horse Radish" with TGTBTM...
I'll have a hunt on here for some of the other threads.

Thanks!
promo cards are issued as such and are - usually - not for sale by SJGames or W23. they bear the munchkin head as the expansion icon. cards that are issued with certain accessoires or boosters have their correspondent expanision icon like the crate with the "23" printed on as the icon for W23-booster cards - which is on the Horse Radish.
as a start, take the worldofmunchkin promo site to have a look on previous promo items: http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/promo/ it lists all but the most recent releases.
hope that helped
Old 06-13-2017, 12:19 AM   #272
Charlie Bussey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_wilton View Post
Re: Promos...

Yes, I think you guys are correct, I've not fully understood what constitutes a promo. So, for example "Horse Radish" with TGTBTM...
I'll have a hunt on here for some of the other threads.

Thanks!
No worries. For reference, here are the unofficial, community based collection lists:
*Promo Cards
*Merchandise Cards
*Bookmarks
*Dice
*Pawns
Old 06-16-2017, 06:59 AM   #273
KingGrimlock

So, not sure where we think these go but from the Oomba set:

Take Two (Fantasy D)
Sea Horse (Fantasy D)
Yoink! (Fantasy T)
Scavenge (Fantasy T)
Old 06-20-2017, 03:38 PM   #274
Cloewe

as far as i can say from the picture:

Wishing Ring - Fantasy [T] from "Super Summer Retail Kit - SuperSummerGameDay
Old 06-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #275
Charlie Bussey
Banned

Water Resistant [T] - Fantasy
Old 06-23-2017, 04:25 AM   #276
ERock616

Is there a list of the 9 Oomba cards? Google search yields the EBay listing for the 4 cards KingGrimlock posted.

How impossible will these be to get? Checked in to a couple FLGS in Chicago and they all stared at me blankly. Not a good sign...!!!

Last edited by ERock616; 06-23-2017 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:41 AM   #277
KingGrimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERock616 View Post
Is there a list of the 9 Oomba cards? Google search yields the EBay listing for the 4 cards KingGrimlock posted.

How impossible will these be to get? Checked in to a couple FLGS in Chicago and they all stared at me blankly. Not a good sign...!!!

These look like being the straw that breaks my promo-camel back, it's just too expensive to hunt down the recent releases. I don't mind paying over the odds for the OOP ones but the prices that the newer ones are going for are ludicrous.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:10 PM   #278
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGrimlock View Post
These look like being the straw that breaks my promo-camel back, it's just too expensive to hunt down the recent releases. I don't mind paying over the odds for the OOP ones but the prices that the newer ones are going for are ludicrous.
And the numbers produced of the Oomba cards do not justify those inflated prices. I highly recommend asking around and checking local stores.

As always, buying Munchkin promos on eBay isn't a great idea. We often reprint promos -- sometimes even packing them and releasing them for sale http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/gp2/ -- so spending $5, $10, etc. on one promo is not the best option.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:49 PM   #279
ColBosch

I have a solid rule for promos on eBay: no more than $1 + shipping, ever (well, okay, I paid a bit more than that for "...In A Booster Seat," but only because I'm still kicking myself over missing that promotion). This hobby is supposed to be fun, not an expensive chore.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:07 PM   #280
orcbgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
And the numbers produced of the Oomba cards do not justify those inflated prices. I highly recommend asking around and checking local stores.

As always, buying Munchkin promos on eBay isn't a great idea. We often reprint promos -- sometimes even packing them and releasing them for sale http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/gp2/ -- so spending $5, $10, etc. on one promo is not the best option.
Unfortunately for some of us, there is no other option.

eBay is my only outlet for rarer promos, such as the Big Red God, my store's newest promos are Game Mechanic and Feet Cheat. And everywhere else I look either no one has them or aren't parting with them. So good option or not, sometimes it's all you have. Granted, I've not paid for than $5 aside from a very few, very specific promos.

The ones that are the worst deals on ebay are the ones that are $3-$6 but are still available for $0.50 on W23, :/
Closed Thread

Tags
promo, promos