Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 05-16-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
ecz

Default the most grotesque death...

... of a character or of a villain in your adventures.

please tell ...
Old 05-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #2
Chris Rice

Default Re: the most grotesque death...

I had one of my characters beat an enemy to death with the severed limb of another enemy.

It the best was when one character hid in the barrel of a cannon which was later fired by another party member (he did not know his associate was in the cannon!)
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #3
Rick_Smith

Hi all,
I had one PC who loved to throw exploding gems around. WHAM! 8 die exploding gem. WHAM! 8 die exploding gem. He also had collections of 12 exploding gems with sharp metal fragments in thin glass jars.

I didn't do anything to this guy. Just let him blow his way thru my world.

Eventually he was up a bell tower tossing gems down on the street. An enemy wizard lightning bolted the tower and it started to collapse slowly. He jumped out, slid down an adjoining tile roof and smacked down onto the street, taking 1d+2 falling damage.

"No problem! I jump up!"

"Actually," I said, "One of the glass gem jars on your belt broke in the fall."

"... Oh," he said.

"And that sets off the rest of your gems. All of them."

"... Oh," he said.

I'm not sure if it was the most grotesque death, but it sure was the most satisfying.

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #4
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris rice View Post
...one character hid in the barrel of a cannon which was later fired by another party member...
ROFL!!!!!

JK
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #5
tbeard1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
ROFL!!!!!

JK
Beaten to a pulp, the party - none of whom had a ST higher than 4 - trudged out of the ruins. They found their horses - slain and half eaten. A sound is heard behind them and a very ****** off and unhurt Cave Troll (ST 60 as I recall) comes out of the nearby rubble. One of the fighters, John, grimly set his halberd and charged. Looking down for my Dreaded Dice of Armageddon, I heard Greg gasp. I looked up. Yep, John had rolled triple damage. Six times damage for a triple damage pole attack. Then he rolled boxcars for damage.

The big nasty for the whole adventure - dead in one shot.

There was much rejoicing on the other side of my GM screen.

Last edited by tbeard1999; 05-18-2018 at 10:53 PM.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:37 AM   #6
ecz

ok,
my party had to kill a supervillain noble, mad for excellent wines and liqueurs (Lord Krast).
Sadly bodyguards protected him 24/7.
So they organized an expensive festival in the village with a number of innkeepers of the area, each carrying their best wine and beer.
well, of course the Lord was invited although he had a team of assayers (someone in the past tried to kill him with poison) but sometime "too many" is not "too good".

My PCs poured the two components of the universal solvent in two different bottles of "fine wine of the south" and they maneuvered that during the festival two different bodyguards taste the wine at different times before Lord Krast making appear and disappear the fine wine bottles of the south at the right time. So Lord Krast was the only to drink from both the "fine wines" and ... SSWASH a smoking 1-hex crater suddenly appeared at his place.

The unsuspecting young girl serving the wine was immeadiatly arrested and she had a bad experience (and a grotesque death too) but this is another story...
Old 05-24-2018, 12:09 PM   #7
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecz View Post
... of a character or of a villain in your adventures.

please tell ...
I did a big TFT dungeon with one-km labyrinth hexes, inspired by the underground hex maps in Descent into the Depths of the Earth.

The party got lost and ran out of food. After they killed some goblins, they decided to eat them.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:57 PM   #8
JLV

Why am I hoping you still have a copy of that dungeon you can provide to Steve at some point? ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:14 PM   #9
Kirk

Most gruesome death of a party?

The group is trying to get off an island, being chased by an angry mob. Near the shoreline, the GM announces that a boatload of semen is headed their way.

Characters decide that if they take on the occupants of the boat and win, at least they can get off the island perhaps, so they ignore the crowd and swim out to the boat.

The boat crashes upon the rocks and breaks apart, drowning the party in a boat load of semen. :0
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:04 PM   #10
Skarg

There are a few candidates, but... there was a PC who got a bit obsessive about looting opponents. After finding that one of them had hidden something in a boot, he became more and more methodical in looting bodies. At its worst, I remember a bar fight where the slain opponent wasn't carrying very much of value, and the player asked me (the GM) if that was really all he had, and I would only say that that was all he found... and even though I wasn't intentionally leading him on, the player proceeded to strip the dead foe naked and then disembowel (and mince, IIRC) the body looking for loot he might have swallowed... and this was still inside the tavern (well, it was Skarg's, which became a special sort of tavern/arena in our campaign, with two halls in case one became ususable for a while due to unusually excessive mayhem, and its own steadily-growing graveyard).
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote