Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
Azinctus

Default How do I run a Poker game?

In this thread. Kromm said you need Gambling and Games (Poker) to play and win money at the poker table.

We'll be starting a Wild West game soon and all the PCs want to play poker. How do I run a game of poker using both skills? Acting, fast Talk, Detect Lies and Body Language should also be useful.

I was thinking of having a contest of Poker (Games), then a roll of Gambling. The winner of the first roll won the game (or just the hand), the second roll determines how much they won or lost.

But I'm not very clear on the details, I want this to be playable and exciting. Since most of the group will be involved I don't mind if it takes a bit of time. And I'd like for it to come to some tense moments so PCs or NPCs will be tempted to go for their their guns.

Getting out real cards might add some atmosphere, but I don't want the evening to degenerate into a poker night.

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome thank you.