Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
DaltonS

Default [IW] Updating "Georgia Bush" to G4e

I've created two new "Georgia Bush" G4e character sheets. The first has all the same levels of attributes and traits as found on the G3e one (Wizards p.115) with some skill upgrades due to the elimination of half-point skills for 253 points. In the second, I dropped IQ and HP one level and raised Magery to 3 (this kept all the spells the same) and added points to some (but not all) of the IQ based skills to match their levels to the original sheet values for 250 points. I have several questions:
  1. Which one should I use to represent her when she was just starting her mission?
  2. Neither version includes the Security Clearance advantage which she would need to learn classified Planar travel magic. Should I include it, and if so at what level?
  3. Her original character sheet gave her "Plane Shift (Merlin)" without the prerequisite "Planar Summons (Merlin)". Should I add that spell?
  4. How should I upgrade her to reflect 6 years of experience as of IW? Or 11 years to bring her up to the present day? (I'd be amazed if her Homeline cover ID actually held up that long.)
  5. Did her CIA know they were sending her to a "no mana" world? If so, how did they expect her to make reports? (I know IW mentioned her going to mana-positive alternates to report, but how could her bosses anticipate that possibility?)
  6. How did she set up her cover ID on arrival? (Remember, no mana, no magic.) Wouldn't Inifinity do a background check of someone requesting travel to a mana-positive world?
  7. Has anyone actually used her in an adventure?

I'm currently working on another thread on how her CIA got her to Homeline in the first place. (The obstacles are formidable, but not insurmountable.)

Dalton "who always thought this was a daring enterpise" Spence
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinite worlds