Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 01-27-2015, 10:31 AM   #1
vaughnerich

Default Munchkin AT: What Items are affected by Curse! Unacceptable!?

"Unacceptable!!!" Are discarded items only from your hand or equipped only, or both allowed? How does the "backpack" of inactive items play into this if its only equipped items.

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 01-27-2015 at 11:06 AM.
vaughnerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Munchkin AT: What Items are affected by Curse! Unacceptable?

First, I want to make it very clear that there is no "backpack" in game terms. Yes, there is a card, Backpack, in Munchkin Adventure Time, but there is no game term backpack. Over the years, I have seen four different meanings to that term, and rather than have there be confusion by everyone using a term that hasn't been identified in the game, we just avoid it. The game terms are this: All Items in play are carried, some are used (or equipped), some are not. Unused Items are turned sideways, as per the rules, so that people can quickly see what Items are providing combat bonuses or special abilities.

Item cards in your hand are not Items. At that point they represent cards. The only time cards in your hand are affected is when something specifically says so.

Given all that I said above, Curse! Unacceptable! does not reference Item cards in your hand, only Items, so that means that only carried Items (i.e., all of the Items you have in play, used or unused) are available for you to choose as the one Item you discard.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote