Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-30-2019, 10:12 PM   #51
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Kickstarter: Dungeon Fantasy Magic Items 2, Powered by GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPumpkin View Post
For those that didn't back the Kickstarter, will the PoD version be of the same physical quality? Or was the KS version in color and the PoD in B&W?
The Kickstarter version of DF Magic Items 2 was a full color PoD (says so on the ISBN). I don't know what the release PoD will be like, but I suspect it will be full color too.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:19 PM   #52
DarkPumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
The Kickstarter version of DF Magic Items 2 was a full color PoD (says so on the ISBN). I don't know what the release PoD will be like, but I suspect it will be full color too.
I hope so! I'd be more inclined to buy it in color. The B&W PoD books I've bought eg DF Companion leave me a bit underwhelmed, especially as there's not even any text on the spine.
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #53
namada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joy View Post
Do what you want, by my decades of experience with Steve Jackson Games leads me to believe that if you did contact them, you’d be pleased with the results.
I wasn't pleased when the book I ordered via kickstarter didn't show up at all, and I wasn't pleased when that 'missing book issue' was "resolved" by them sending me a copy of said missing book with one that had a spine bent at a 30° angle, with no visible damage to the envelope the book arrived in.

I could give it a third try, sure, but my confidence in it getting done right, at this point, is about 0%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
...where the problem occurred...
Well, that's not my concern, so...

I've had a ton of weight on it since it came in, and while it doesn't look pretty, at least the spine is straight enough now that I can actually open the book and read through it to see if it's something I actually want or not. Probably not.
namada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #54
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by namada View Post
Well, that's not my concern, so...
I'd like to work with our team to help get you an undamaged book AND make things better for you and for other backers down the road, but I can't force you. If you'd rather go on strike in your tent, that's certainly your prerogative.

Our customers are always welcome to email their concerns to kickstart@sjgames.com for a Kickstarter problem, info@sjgames.com for general customer concerns, or visit help.sjgames.com for those or pretty much anything else they want to get off their chest. Multiple people are monitoring each of those addresses.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:54 PM   #55
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Our customers are always welcome to email their concerns to kickstart@sjgames.com for a Kickstarter problem, info@sjgames.com for general customer concerns, or visit help.sjgames.com for those or pretty much anything else they want to get off their chest. Multiple people are monitoring each of those addresses.
In my case the only thing that y'all could have done different was put it into a cardboard box like the previous DFRPG separate kickstart book, Monsters 2. The mail carrier literally accordioned mine to get it in the small mailbox which he couldn't do to the Monsters 2 book... but also it's pretty well straightened out after being weight pressed for a few weeks, and now 'stuffed' into the DFRPG box with the other books (where it'll stay pressed flat as I prefer my pdfs for running games).
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote