Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #451
jason taylor
 
jason taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
And it's really like North By Northwest which tells the story of the inevitable moment when some poor sap gets misidentified as the phantom agent.
Never watched that one or don't remember. Sounds funny (in a movie that is).
__________________
"The navy could probably win a war without coffee but would prefer not to try"-Samuel Eliot Morrison
jason taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:57 AM   #452
David Johnston2
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason taylor View Post
Never watched that one or don't remember. Sounds funny (in a movie that is).
Not so much since it's from the point of view of the hapless Cary Grant who may look the part of a suave super-spy but only knows that people are trying to kill him and is desperately trying to find a man who doesn't exist so he can prove he isn't the phantom spy.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #453
RyanW
 
RyanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southeast NC
Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

One of those ideas for a hazard/monster that's basically just two words but too good to let be forgotten:

Carnivorous fog!
__________________
RyanW
Height: 5.93 light-nanoseconds
Weight: 13.9 yoctoEarths
RyanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:08 PM   #454
Dalillama
 
Dalillama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
One of those ideas for a hazard/monster that's basically just two words but too good to let be forgotten:

Carnivorous fog!
One of Christopher Moore's books features a pack of vampire feral housecats that move around as a mist and shred/drain anything they pass over
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:10 PM   #455
Anaraxes
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
a pack of vampire feral housecats that move around... and shed/drain anything
I misread your post as edited above. Even more terrifying this way.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #456
Dr. Beckenstein
 
Dr. Beckenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
And it's really like North By Northwest which tells the story of the inevitable moment when some poor sap gets misidentified as the phantom agent.
He, I watched this one not to long ago.

And understood that the movie would be over two minutes after the opening credits, when the hero simply calls his mothers cell phone instead of looking for a way to send her a telegram.
__________________
""The origin of everything good is due to games." - Friedrich August Wilhelm Froebel, creator of the kindergarten.
Dr. Beckenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:01 PM   #457
KevinJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arizona
Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

Being Human: What if the characters, and their entire race, aren't actually humans. I came up with this concept back in the early 90s, but it wasn't till last year that I started a game where the characters aren't actually human, but the players don't know this. All references to their 'race' are The People. Since there are no other PC races available the players just assume that they are humans. I had to do a lot of groundwork to disguise their non-humanness, like changing all the names of other races, changed the names of units of measurement so they can't figure out that only weighin 36 Pems meaning only weighting about 60lbs and being 4 Els tall is only 4ft. Even after learning some of the actual names for Dwarves and Elves they haven't actual met any, but they have been in an abandoned dwarf outpost and it didn't click that everything was about their size.

No, the PCs aren't dwarves, they are actually a repilian race similar to Kobolds.
__________________
So you've got the tiger by the tail. Now what?
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:03 PM   #458
KevinJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arizona
Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
Not so much since it's from the point of view of the hapless Cary Grant who may look the part of a suave super-spy but only knows that people are trying to kill him and is desperately trying to find a man who doesn't exist so he can prove he isn't the phantom spy.
Man who knew to much?
__________________
So you've got the tiger by the tail. Now what?
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:11 PM   #459
VIVIT
 
VIVIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

The Right of Dragons: A largely beer-and-pretzels campaign where the player characters go on hack-and-slash adventures with the primary motive of acquiring treasure, eventually settling and fortifying a stronghold. The twist? The player characters are all half-dragons, and the campaign is framed as them amassing a hoard and establishing a lair. Kidnapping of royalty optional.

Last edited by VIVIT; 06-29-2018 at 06:43 AM. Reason: horde/hoard
VIVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:35 AM   #460
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVIT View Post
The Right of Dragons: A largely beer-and-pretzels campaign where the player characters go on hack-and-slash adventures with the primary motive of acquiring treasure, eventually settling and fortifying a stronghold. The twist? The player characters are all half-dragons, and the campaign is framed as them amassing a horde and establishing a lair. Kidnapping of royalty optional.

heh. My version would involve shape-shifting full dragons and focus a little more on the context of it all.



Still. Great idea.
__________________
Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.