Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-13-2020, 11:36 AM   #1
Coinage

Default Raoul Julia M Bison

Hey, I was just thinking about making an antagonist for my players, and then I remembered the cheesy nineties movie Street Fighter. You know, the one with Raoul Julia's legendary meme-worthy performance of M. Bison.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to stat out Raoul Julia's M. Bison? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Coinage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:01 PM   #2
CeeDub

Default Re: Raoul Julia M Bison

Well, definitely Extra Life 1. Wait, was there a stinger/sequel hook at the end? Haven't watched it in too long. If so, Extra Life 2. At least.

Would be very interested how you'd model his Flight. Negative Handling? Probably also Slow (-25%), and/or a few levels of Reduced Move(Air), but at least one level of Enhanced Move (Air). I mean, in the film it was just bad wire work, but I kinda liked his low acceleration and maneuverability.

Innate Attack (burn) with Surge.

All of those with a Gadget limitation, Can Be Stolen, -10% or -5%.

Megalomania and Overconfidence are a given. Also Lecherousness. Probably enough mental disadvantages that his point total might be negative. :)
CeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:18 PM   #3
CeeDub

Let's see about his martial arts. You could make it simple and give him generous levels of Karate, but that would be lazy. I haven't looked all candidates over, but right now I'm inclined towards Sambo.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:36 AM   #4
CeeDub

I forgot:

Bloodlust
Delusion (god)
Callous
Allies (Dee Jay, Zangief) (wouldn't count mercenaries like Vega and Sagat)
Ally Group (army of mooks)
Wealth (how many levels of multimillionaire depends on whether you count his stash of Bisondollars, or is that included in Delusion?)
Old 08-14-2020, 03:40 AM   #5
Anders

Odious Personal Habits: Large Ham
Old 08-14-2020, 04:36 PM   #6
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Odious Personal Habits: Large Ham
Quirk at best. Causes eye-rolls, but Zangief out-hams him with every one-liner.

"That was beautiful."

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:04 PM   #7
Coinage

Thanks for the replies. What about base stats? Like Strength or Intelligence? Also, are there any templates that would be a good starting point?
Old 08-14-2020, 08:39 PM   #8
CeeDub

I was trying to avoid posting hard numbers, because we don't see him do a lot of things that could be used as benchmarks, and anyone's guess is as good as mine, but here goes.

ST 20 or more. His grip is iron and snapping someone's neck is something he does rather casually, so 20 may be low-balling it. Definitely has the Neck Snap technique maxed, though.
DX 12 or less. He doesn't seem particularly athletic, makes few if any jumping or spinning attacks. It's hard to tell whether that is because of unexceptional (wouldn't call it low) DX or whether straightforward attacks are just his style.
IQ is hard to gauge. He does a lot of stupid and nonsensical things, but all of those are better explained by his mental disads rather than a lack of intelligence. He has a lot of high tech at his disposal, including his suit that gives him most of his powers, but it's never mentioned where he got it. Could be that he paid/forced a brilliant scientist/engineer to build it for him, like he did with Dr. Dhalsim. Bison is certainly of the opinion that he is a genius, though.
He does seem difficult to intimidate, but quite capable of intimidating anyone who isn't a world-class fighter themselves, so definitely high will. Could be bought up or derived, though. I'd say at least 16.
HT is tricky as well. He doesn't seem to tire easily at all, but fails his death check twice. HT 10, but high FP?

His suit appears to give him flexible DR, with hard DR on his lower arms, shins and feet.
He also clearly has the Cloaked perk.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:52 PM   #9
Coinage

I agree.

However, based on the appearance of his base, and the overall organization of his base, I would say that he is quite intelligent, albeit hampered by his obvious mental disadvantages. His intelligence is probably more in logistics, recruitment, and overall setting up and maintaining a vast evil criminal organisation i.e. "Human Resources".

He is also has an iron grip on the drug industry, indicating a mastery of economics, finance, ad business acumen, which is what allowed him to fund his organization.

He also oversaw the creation of the "Blanca" super-soldier program. Anyone in charge of a science program has to have a working knowledge of what is going on. He also has a working knowledge of his suit, as he was able to explain it.

So, probably, he is at least very intelligence, maybe 15. I might even put him in 20, putting him somewhere in the "Mad Scientist" or "Renaissance Man."
Old 08-14-2020, 09:29 PM   #10
CeeDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coinage View Post
So, probably, he is at least very intelligence, maybe 15. I might even put him in 20, putting him somewhere in the "Mad Scientist" or "Renaissance Man."
While you have good points, I don't think he's quite that brilliant. I'd say IQ 14, Will 16+ is plenty.