Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-07-2019, 07:41 PM   #171
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Nordlond: The Citadel at Nordvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Where is that upvote button when I need it?
I'll be offering these in two formats, I think. One is 12x18" fulfilled through POD. The other will be on 14pt or 300gsm card stock as a poster, printed in 16x20" or A2 format. I'm going to source them from two different places, one in the USA and the other from a poster printer in the UK.

Be warned (and this will appear on the KS page too): large packages can be VERY expensive, and I can't subsidize shipping. At all. In the USA, they'll fit in a small triangular USPS poster tube, and go priority mail, with shipping on the order of $5-10. In the UK and rest of world . . . I'm not sure.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:25 PM   #172
DouglasCole

Hall of Judgment was my first license from SJG, and you guys showed up strong. Then came the more recent Citadel at Nordvorn, and not only did you throw down for that, it also brought a second edition of Hall of Judgment with a much, much better printing, and a stand-alone booklet: Fantastic Dungeon Grappling.

We're not going to string the products out for you this time. Gaming Ballistic is thrilled to announce that next week marks the launch of the Nordlond Sagas crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter.

It will bring you three unique books, all written by new authors, and all set in the ever-expanding Nordlond setting.

Coming Next Week: Nordlond Sagas
Old 09-08-2019, 06:20 AM   #173
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
We're not going to string the products out for you this time. Gaming Ballistic is thrilled to announce that next week marks the launch of the Nordlond Sagas crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter.
Are you on the "short KS run" bandwagon or are you going to give us* time to gather fundage so we* can back as deeply as we* can?

Last time I had to split focus between you and sjgames and it went poorly for both campaigns for me (as in I couldn't back either as deeply as I wanted).

* Read as "me" "me" "me" for complete accuracy.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:03 AM   #174
DouglasCole

Quote:
Are you on the "short KS run" bandwagon
The intent is to run from Tuesday, Sept 10 through Saturday, Oct 12 at 10:30pm. So about 35 days.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:05 AM   #175
DouglasCole

Noršlond Sagas: Follow the campaign early!

The pre-launch page is up for the Nordlond Sagas. There's some exciting stuff that happens if we can crush both concrete stretch goals. But for now...if you want to be notified when the campaign goes live, follow that link.

And please share it as well...there's nothing more satisfying than funding the first day.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:10 PM   #176
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
The intent is to run from Tuesday, Sept 10 through Saturday, Oct 12 at 10:30pm. So about 35 days.
I love you.

Platonically and in a masculine, brotherly fashion of course.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #177
DouglasCole

Quote:
I love you.

Platonically and in a masculine, brotherly fashion of course.
I accept bromance in the spirit in which it’s offered. Share the link a few times. Or once. We’ll call it even.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:45 PM   #178
b-dog

Quote:
Noršlond Sagas: Follow the campaign early!

The pre-launch page is up for the Nordlond Sagas. There's some exciting stuff that happens if we can crush both concrete stretch goals. But for now...if you want to be notified when the campaign goes live, follow that link.

And please share it as well...there's nothing more satisfying than funding the first day.
I saw that you have a book about non human races so I would just like to suggest that if you have faerie races then you should make them something like alfar-blooded where they are not pure faeries but sort of a mix of a faerie and a mortal human or maybe if they are pure faeries then they should be outcasts from their race. You did a good job making the faerie in your world mysterious and unknowable so you should try to keep the faerie that way. The elves in AD&D are not mysterious or faerie like at all. They are just people with pointy ears that live in a forest or under the sea. If the faerie that you can play are just halfbreeds then they may have cool faerie powers but the setting would still keep the pure faerie mysterious because the halfbreed would not be accepted into the faerie areas and would not understand the faerie. Just my two cents.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:39 AM   #179
Dalin

Quote:
I'll be offering these in two formats, I think. One is 12x18" fulfilled through POD. The other will be on 14pt or 300gsm card stock as a poster, printed in 16x20" or A2 format.
I am very excited about this. I love poring over maps and seeing how everything links together. Even if I ultimately adjust everything to fit into my own world, I appreciate seeing how the author's world works geographically.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #180
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
I am very excited about this. I love poring over maps and seeing how everything links together. Even if I ultimately adjust everything to fit into my own world, I appreciate seeing how the author's world works geographically.
I chatted with Glynn Seal - who did my HoJ and Noršvorn maps - over the weekend and I've agreed to commission a large-format color map.