Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2020, 12:05 PM   #1
JohnPaulB

Default Herbalist Talent

I felt that TFT had a lack of someone who was not a Doctor (physicker) but could still heal non-magically. I also felt that an Herbalist talent was missing. I wanted it to be of the hedgemage level with small time and cost investment and equally low game affects compared to wizards or alchemists.

IQ 10
Herbalist (1): A Herbalist is familiar with the affects that plants can have on the body, soul and mind. It is cousin to the Naturalist and Physicker with a little bit of Cook thrown in for good measure. Herbalist deals with culinary herbs (& spices) or therapeutic herbs. Knows where to find herbs or grows them in her garden.
With access to the proper books (recipes), materials (herbs), and facilities (kitchen), can make the therapeutic remedies as though she were an Alchemist (see p. 147): elixirs, unguents, aromas, and the like. These remedies are not magical.

Herbalists get +1 reaction rolls from Cooks.

An Herbalist workshop is a simple kitchen with at least $200 worth of equipment, cooking tools and containers, books, herbs, etc.

An Herbalist who is also a Chemist is an Apothecary. She can create therapeutic products that can last for years.

An herbalist can join with a shaman to create therapeutic concoctions for the soul like aroma therapies.

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote