Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-11-2014, 12:25 AM   #1
chang

Default Munchkin game changers worth it? difficulty level?

Hi, I have being playing this game for bout 1 year. Got some expansions (yesterday) and looking into some boosters package to have :)

1. I was looking into the compilations (as below im getting the xmas one) but dunno about "the game changers"; as the name implied and i have read (wikipedia) it seems that it introduces quite a few new rules / gameplay. How would u categories the difficulty level? This is the 1st card game i get my friends into and too many rules might move them away from it (or i would have to just toss the boosters) Is selling for 38us (now i know is out of print so pry why so pricey in amazon)

2. Also could u guys confirm that these below r compatible with original munchkin, meaning the back of the card is same as munchkin? (ps i have the deluxe version) seems they r per my googling and they are listed under munchkin; but would like to be sure :)
- christmas holiday suprise. soooo getting this!!! cmon munchkin with xmas jokes!!! and i saw some cards, they look AMAZING, beside is a great deal
- penny arcade, always like the franchise
- munchkin gets promoted

I m tempted with tricky treats bc i love halloween but dunno... any good? is pretty cheap.

thx ... any rec would be much appreciated, especially on the level of difficulty "game changers" add

ps andrew .. pry silly or ... dunno... but just a tiny idea, when sample cards are uploaded might be nice to also show the back of the card :) noone seem to care bout the back of the card, though, no retailers, no google..lol

Last edited by chang; 04-11-2014 at 04:44 AM.
chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Munchkin game changers worth it? difficulty level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chang View Post
Hi, I have being playing this game for bout 1 year. Got some expansions (yesterday) and looking into some boosters package to have :)

1. I was looking into the compilations (as below im getting the xmas one) but dunno about "the game changers"; as the name implied and i have read (wikipedia) it seems that it introduces quite a few new rules / gameplay. How would u categories the difficulty level? This is the 1st card game i get my friends into and too many rules might move them away from it (or i would have to just toss the boosters) Is selling for 38us (now i know is out of print so pry why so pricey in amazon)
The included expansions are all quite fun and change up the gameplay quite a bit to keep it interesting. There aren't that many extra rules to learn, and many of the cards will fit right in without any new rules at all, if you choose not to use the slightly more complicated ones like the Munchkinomicon.

Quote:
2. Also could u guys confirm that these below r compatible with original munchkin, meaning the back of the card is same as munchkin? (ps i have the deluxe version) seems they r per my googling and they are listed under munchkin; but would like to be sure :)
- christmas holiday suprise. soooo getting this!!! cmon munchkin with xmas jokes!!! and i saw some cards, they look AMAZING, beside is a great deal
- penny arcade, always like the franchise
- munchkin gets promoted
All those sets use the traditional Fantasy Munchkin backs, the same as in Munchkin Deluxe.

Quote:
I m tempted with tricky treats bc i love halloween but dunno... any good? is pretty cheap.
There's a lot of good gags in there and it mixes well with the Holiday cards.

Quote:
ps andrew .. pry silly or ... dunno... but just a tiny idea, when sample cards are uploaded might be nice to also show the back of the card :) noone seem to care bout the back of the card, though, no retailers, no google..lol
Check the card list pages for each of the sets, accessible via the link at the bottom of the booster/set's webpage. The card list page for each booster/set shows the backs of the cards that are used.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:54 AM   #3
Enzzo

I agree with Clipper's opinions; but I wanted to point out that while Munchkin Gets Promoted is mostly fantasy-backed, there are a few cards from other sets (e.g. Apocalypse, Zombies, Cthulhu).
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:16 PM   #4
chang

oh wow.. thanks guys, this answer very well my questions :)
and clipper thx a bunch for that tip bout the card list :D

i went and just put my order for all the above exc for the game changer compilation. I left it on my wish list for now. I recently got 2 expansion and these boosters packs it should give me fun for a while to come :)
Old 04-14-2014, 10:19 PM   #5
chang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzzo View Post
I agree with Clipper's opinions; but I wanted to point out that while Munchkin Gets Promoted is mostly fantasy-backed, there are a few cards from other sets (e.g. Apocalypse, Zombies, Cthulhu).
meaning their back is from those sets? i ordered any way, it was pretty affordable.. but now curious :)
Old 04-15-2014, 02:10 AM   #6
Enzzo

Quote:
meaning their back is from those sets?
Yes :) You'll see when you get it. Not to say you couldn't shuffle them in anyway, but it'd be pretty obvious when they came up ;)
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:23 AM   #7
Ghornet

I've almost got enough promos from Apocolypse and Cuthulu that I can sort them in with out it being to obvious.
Game Changers & Holiday Suprise
Ghornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #8
chang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzzo View Post
Yes :) You'll see when you get it. Not to say you couldn't shuffle them in anyway, but it'd be pretty obvious when they came up ;)
oh well... hope tey r not too many. And im doom to get apocalypse and zombie at some point anyway.. lol
thx
Old 04-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #9
Talentless Fnord

Quote:
oh well... hope tey r not too many. And im doom to get apocalypse and zombie at some point anyway.. lol
thx
Thats right, you cant just stop at one set of munchkin....
Talentless Fnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #10
mabhatter

Game Changers is probably the best boxed set after Holiday Surprise (collected Santa boosters). It includes the first 4 booster packs that went out of print plus bits and promos that were from a few years back. Fairy Dust and Munchnomicon do add a fair amount of complexity to the rules and that can be Un-fun at times, but these were top selling boosters at one point.. So it's really good.
mabhatter is offline   Reply With Quote