Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #251
Bampop

Default Re: Boosters I'd like to see

I'd like to see a booster of Sparkly Good Fairy cards to add to the non-fantasy core sets. I don't have the kind of money it would take to sleeve my entire collection right now, and I don't mix fantasy with other decks, so having her pop up so incredibly obviously would kind of stink. Since right now there's only 12 sets to work with, perhaps the other 3 cards could be new Fairy Dust cards.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Old 05-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #252
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bampop View Post
I'd like to see a booster of Sparkly Good Fairy cards to add to the non-fantasy core sets. I don't have the kind of money it would take to sleeve my entire collection right now, and I don't mix fantasy with other decks, so having her pop up so incredibly obviously would kind of stink. Since right now there's only 12 sets to work with, perhaps the other 3 cards could be new Fairy Dust cards.
Sorry to be a downer, but I doubt this would sell very well. There's a good way to solve your problem, though. Many of the sets include blank cards in their first expansion. Just use one of those to represent the SGF. Keep her Fantasy version around to read when the blank card comes out.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #253
Bampop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
Sorry to be a downer, but I doubt this would sell very well. There's a good way to solve your problem, though. Many of the sets include blank cards in their first expansion. Just use one of those to represent the SGF. Keep her Fantasy version around to read when the blank card comes out.
Yeah, that's what I currently use my blank cards for among other things. I was just participating in the thread. I don't expect too too much from this thread to actually come to fruition.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Old 05-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #254
Gospel X

Bampop, to make the Sparkly Good Fairy work with other sets, I usually try to throw in Munchkin Reloaded and some Christmas packs. At least that way you don't know what you're going to get of the Fantasy-backed cards.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #255
Bampop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gospel X View Post
Bampop, to make the Sparkly Good Fairy work with other sets, I usually try to throw in Munchkin Reloaded and some Christmas packs. At least that way you don't know what you're going to get of the Fantasy-backed cards.
That's actually a great idea. Those 4 boosters equal more than one of the half expansions.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
mib3282@gmail.com
Old 05-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #256
The Big Boo

I have given some thought to high level monsters which I saw looking something like 15 cards.

x3 level 16
x3 level 17
x3 level 18
x3 level 19
x3 level 20

One of each level would be undead to work with the undead rule, and the 9 monsters level 18-20 would all have bad stuff that included (but not limited too) "you are dead" not enough people die in my games >8)

I'm not a fan of some peoples ideas of making some monsters more powerful than level 20 but I do think some monster should have some text that says +10 against epic munchkins, this way it will suit you whether you play epic games or not and you can of course houserule that these monsters get the +10 reguardless if you still want powerful monsters in a regular game!

Other boosters I would like to see are...
More spells for the Munchkinomicon,
More ships and ship enhancers for star Munchkin

And if we are going to wish for licences products..

Munchkin Futurama <----- did that idea just win!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #257
whitecloud197

How About a Big Bang Theory Booster :)
Old 06-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #258
Cpt. Sqweky

I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know if it's been said yet, but I'd actually kind of like to see boosters for already existing sets. Kind of like the Space Ships booster for Space Munchkin. I think it would be cool, I'd be able to expand the sets I already have more than just a single promo at a time and since SJG would only have to worry about 15+/- cards at a time the turnaround would be a lot quicker than a full-fledged expansion.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #259
Dr. Mauric

What about a Dungeon booster? 10 Dungeons, 5 Portals
I also like the ideas about more Fairy Dust.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #260
Quaff_fu

On the same lines as “The Guild” booster. A booster based on “Save the Supers” for Munchkin Super. Also one base on “Space Janitors” for Star Munchkin.

Pat

Save The Super: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.SuDnO3iOxTk

Space Janitors: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.RwosmqNNRlQ

Last edited by Quaff_fu; 12-08-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
boosters, suggestions